atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bob NEC 2000 IVS2 AD-40 question - 10/07/04 08:44 AM
Let me preface this by saying I don't know jack about this phone system, so anyone responding, feel free to dumb it down as much as you like.
Here's the problem: Our office has several main lines that all ring on the receptionist's phone. They all have voicemail boxes. I would like to do away with all but one of the boxes and point all the extensions to the same mailbox. I tried using station management/call forwarding and forward all the 'No answer' calls on the various lines to the same #, but they all revert to their individual mailboxes for the voicemail messages. I'm using Matworx 3.60 to talk to the IVS2, if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: maxamtel Re: NEC 2000 IVS2 AD-40 question - 10/07/04 12:34 PM
I am assuming that these phone lines are did's and the appearances on the recp phone are virtual exts, so what you need to do is delete all the mailboxes and put the exts into a circ hunt group, then call fwd bna all lines to voicemail pilot, have the voicemail main greeting be the greeting that all will hear then in the vm action put goto operator box, replace the operater box greeting by copy into current field silence and then take a message, have those who will be responsable for retriving these messages the apility to get public messages.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob:
Let me preface this by saying I don't know jack about this phone system, so anyone responding, feel free to dumb it down as much as you like.
Here's the problem: Our office has several main lines that all ring on the receptionist's phone. They all have voicemail boxes. I would like to do away with all but one of the boxes and point all the extensions to the same mailbox. I tried using station management/call forwarding and forward all the 'No answer' calls on the various lines to the same #, but they all revert to their individual mailboxes for the voicemail messages. I'm using Matworx 3.60 to talk to the IVS2, if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated.
</font>
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help