atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: maxamtel voip - 10/14/04 01:28 PM
Hi Folks, anyone out there using any type of voip with a ekite ipk set up as a convential key system?, I read in pop science that a voip carrier such as vonage or time warner cable could provide a voip trk that could be used by a standard telephone, if so could this viop trk be acessed and used as a tie line between other systems? and could a voip phone installed on a laptop give the client access to his offices from a remote location such as europe or asia?
Posted By: ClassOfService Re: voip - 10/14/04 05:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maxamtel:
Hi Folks, anyone out there using any type of voip with a ekite ipk set up as a convential key system?, I read in pop science that a voip carrier such as vonage or time warner cable could provide a voip trk that could be used by a standard telephone, if so could this viop trk be acessed and used as a tie line between other systems? and could a voip phone installed on a laptop give the client access to his offices from a remote location such as europe or asia?</font>

The only way to have interoffice to POTS network translation is to have IP CENTREX lines as far as I know.

This also entails having some sort of converter or gateway either on your premises or at the CLEC.

For more information check out this website:

https://www.ip-centrex.org/how/index.html
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help