atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SuttonJ External Paging from IPK - 11/04/04 02:34 PM
We just installed an IPK to replace an old Comdial. On the Comdial, to make an external Page (over the loudspeakers) we hit a page button, anounced the page and hung up. There was a page relay that was programmed to trip a feedback eliminator, which recorded the announcement, and then played it back over the loudspeakers when you hung up.

My NEC installer tells me that this is not possible (not as easy) with the IPK. We have the relay board installed.

The page procedure is: (Note, this is simplified by programming buttons):

Hit the Relay on button.
Hit the page button, anounce page and hang up.
Hit the Relay off button.

So to page, we have to have three buttons programmed. My users are about to hang me.
If someone forgets to do the relay off, the page won't go out, and no one else can page. Unless they realize the problem and hit the relay off button prior to the other sequence.

I want to have a single button to page.
The button must energize a relay on the ECR card, and initiate the external page. Then detect the hang up, and de-energize the relay?

Is this an unreasonable request?
Is is possible?

Jim
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: External Paging from IPK - 11/04/04 05:42 PM
here's what i think you can do:

use the page out on the ecr card (the rca jack labeled cn3. should be the bottom rca jack)

use the relay #1 contacts to close the relay on the anti-feedback amp

use code 56 to do the page (which should energize the relay on the ecr card while paging and open the relay when you hang up and end the page)

i'm not really sure how all of this connects up to whatever hardware you've got. so this might not work.
===========================================
i'm guessing you might still be using the external page built into the ipk cabinet instead of the page out on the ecr card.

to program on a button. the button needs to be a feature access,
press feature
redial
button
feature

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited November 04, 2004).]
Posted By: SuttonJ Re: External Paging from IPK - 11/05/04 06:33 AM
BRILLIANT!

Worked Perfectly, except we use code 35 instead of 56, and relay 1 is the third one down, not the top as might be expected.

I could hear the relay clicking when we paged, and go off when we hung up, so I knew right away your suggestion should work.

Thanks a ton. Now I have another issue (New Post to follow).

Jim
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: External Paging from IPK - 11/05/04 03:46 PM
COOL! glad it worked!!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help