atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: knzphnadm voice mail setting - 02/04/05 05:45 AM
Does anybody know how to change the number of rings a phone rings before it goes to voice mail? I want to this effect only one phone and not system wide. I am using NEAXMail AD-120.
Posted By: jhenke Re: voice mail setting - 02/04/05 06:55 AM
the setting you are looking for is in the phone switch, the Call Forward No Answer and/or Call Forward Busy settings are what you need to look at. What kind of switch are you using?

------------------
| Technical Support | PBX Sales and Service

[This message has been edited by jhenke (edited February 04, 2005).]
Posted By: knzphnadm Re: voice mail setting - 02/04/05 08:21 AM
i am on an neax2000 ivs
Posted By: jhenke Re: voice mail setting - 02/04/05 08:44 AM
Unfortunately you can’t do that on an IVS, or an IVS2. Call Forwarding No Answer per station came about in the 2000IPS software version 3200 R6.2 (and higher). The only timer settings that you can change in your system (2000IVS) are the system timers. If you upgrade to the latest, greatest (at least to 3200 R6.2) you can change that bit setting on a station basis, until then any timer that you change will effect the whole system. If you want / need a quote shoot me an email and I will send it on to the sales guys.
Another way to "change" the number of rings is to adjust your CFNA timers to go from the extension to a rollover then to the voicemail this will make the phone ring on the extension for a while, then the rollover for a while, then go to voicemail. Vice Versa if you are trying to shorten the time that the phone rings before going into the voicemail.
------------------
| Technical Support | PBX Sales and Service

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help