atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pchesnut No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 08:38 AM
I'm seeing a problem with no dial for all lines connected to the 8 Port ASTU Analog Card. A line check of the analog lines shows good, but no dial tone on pickup and you cannot dial in to the analog extensions (fax)

The card has version 2.5 FW installed.

The problems seems to have started about the time we upgrade the system to SW Ver. 3.21.00.
Posted By: pchesnut Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 08:41 AM
Oh yeah, this is a NEC DS2000 system
with two PWR SUP, 8 trunk line card 2 16 port Dig ext, 8 analog ext cards installed.
Posted By: nectec Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 09:15 AM
You may need to go into system programming and see if the system still shows the ASTU in the slot position that its physically in. I have heard of a few strange problems after a software upgrade
Posted By: pchesnut Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 02:14 PM
I have confirned the card shows up in the correct slot in the Admin tool as orginally configured. I then moved the card over one slot to double check the configuration is reseting at startup; the admin tool showed cards in both the old and new positions. I then manually removed the card from the old position and updated the channel assignments. No joy.

Another symptom; when I try to call one of the analog lines, the system tell me the line is busy.
Posted By: ttech Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 02:27 PM
#1 did you try truning the busyout switch on the card on and off? I may be in the wrong position or it may not quite be set to run.

~don~
Posted By: brokeda Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 03:47 PM
when upgrading from 2xx to 3xx the ATRU analog trunk cards and ASTU analog station cards also update thier firmware after the software upgrade is done, it could take 3 to 4 min for mthe cards to finish. If the process is stopped before the cards are done they may be corrupted. Try to redo the upgrade procedure, wait till LED's on those cards turn from yellow to green.

[This message has been edited by brokeda (edited February 10, 2005).]

Posted By: clgjr Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 05:52 PM
I would save my database, Then default the system to see if that rectifies the situation. If it clears up try to upload the database and if the problem comes back you know you got a corrupt database. You could have a bad card too. I for one have never had a out of the box failure with this line though.
Posted By: pchesnut Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/10/05 06:57 PM
The database seems to be causing the analog card to stop functioning. I uploaded this DB after reseting the system and then called an analog extension. The line rang once or twice and then the DS2000 rebooted itself. After that, all the analog lines started reporting busy again.

Not looking forward to reprograming the DB.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/11/05 04:38 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Nitsuko.
Formally know as: "TIE"
Posted By: pchesnut Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/12/05 05:04 AM
I have our DB up and running OK now. I reinitialized the system to get a default DB and then used the import function in the Admin tool to import trunk, extension, speed, dial, voice mail, etc in from the old db. I did the imports in stages but all went smoothly.

Lesson learned; uh, don't trust the update utility?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/12/05 07:52 AM
This is the one thing about the way these systems program. The i-series was known for DB corruption at a drop of a pin. I have seen it as well in the Aspire series but not EVEN close to the i-series. The rule is backup often and don't overwrite the last few saves so you always have a good backup to go back to.
Posted By: pchesnut Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/12/05 09:06 AM
Good advice. How do you handle the situtation when the DB is corrupted during the upgrade process? I don't belive the Admin tool will import the older 3.10 DB we had archived.
Posted By: clgjr Re: No dial tone on 8 Port Analog Card - 02/12/05 09:53 AM
On the ds1000 or 2000 I would not recommend importing an older version db than what your current system is. Everytime I upgrade the s/w level I default my system. These are small systems and do not take long to program. Usually I can do dtmf programming quicker than I get my laptop out and use the pc admin!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help