atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pchesnut NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/10/05 08:45 AM
Changing any phones speed dial setting via the Admin tool sets all other extension to the same settings. I also notice there is no copy option for the speed dial setting page (1702). Is this a bug in the admin tool? Do you have this issue if you program the speed dial via the 22 button sets?
I show a speed dial copy option in 1702. I am using DS-Series System Administrator version 1.04.00. On the station toolbar it gives you the option to COPY, SWAP, DEFAULT, or UNDO. These settings are under extensions and the speed dial 1-10 and 11-20 tabs.
I thought remebered that option also under v. 1.04 of the admin tool. It appears to have been stepped on in version 3.21.00 of the tool. I guess I will need to reset all SD seeting all let the users reprogram from thier handsets.
I have version 3.21.00 of the admin program.
I entered some speed dial settings and it does not set all extensions to the same speed dial settings. I also have the COPY, SWAP, DEFAULT and UNDO buttons as nectec mentioned.
Make sure all the extensions have their own speed dial bin. If you ever do the copy command you have to make sure you are not copying the S.D. bins

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling
The 3.21.00 Admin tool does indicate separate bins for each extension but changing onyone bin will change all of the others. My system does have to copy, swap, etc button, however the 1702 page is not listed on the copy pop-up window.

Is there a setting for separate / common speed dial bins?

BTW, Thanks for all your inputs. I appreciate you time.

PChesnut
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/10/05 12:59 PM
Has anyone had problem with system speed dials in 3.21.02
I programmed about 60 speed dials but you cannot scroll through them at the phones by pressing the 2 key then the vol up/down key only a few show up.

Don
where did you download 3.21.02 from?
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/10/05 02:24 PM
Call NEC tech support and they will send it to you. It fixes a problem where the 3.21.00 software locks up the intramail.
Posted By: clgjr Re: NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/10/05 06:05 PM
Here's the deal on the Intramail lock up!

When a caller leaves a message in a mailbox and hangs up, that mailbox may immediately try to do a message notification even though the feature has not been activated in that mailbox. This may leave that
voice mail port locked up. This problem can also occur if a Message Notification retry attempt occurs outside of the programmed notification callout time. The temporary solution is to go to each mailbox and do an OP (Options) and N (Notification).
Posted By: clgjr Re: NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/10/05 06:13 PM
Also you can use the copy command (9801) for (1702) personal speed dial with dtmf programming.
Solved the problem (thanks to Mitch)regarding the Speed Dial bins all being the same.

The problems was caused by a copy command of 1802 data; all the extensions ended up with the same Speed Dial Block. Sequentilly renumbered all the Speed Dial Blocks and presto!

Watch out for those copy commands!
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC DS2000 Speed dial setup via Admin tool - 02/12/05 08:41 AM
I also resolved my system speed dials problem

With the new 3.21 admin software it downloads all of the translations on the system. I was programming system speed dials while it was downloading. Other programs will interrupt the download process, upload you changes and continue where it left off downloading. The system speed dials says it does but it dosen't. They still appear in the programming screens just not in the sysem.

I disconnecting and reconnecting and they disappeared. I had saved the translations while programming so it was a matter of importing those translations while I was connected

Don

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited February 12, 2005).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help