atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phlnz ZENMail remote mailbox access - 02/10/05 03:22 PM
Hello

We have a ZEN IPK with ZENMail installed in it (it was a old Zen Axis that has been upgraded to a ZEN IPK and all the old cards moved over). I have the MAT software as well as CoSession so I can manage both the IPK and ZENMail.

What I am trying to figure out is a way to remotely access my voicemail box. IE, when I dial my own phone number from an outside line I hit # or something similar to then be asked for my voicemail PIN number, after putting in my pin I can then check my mail. Is there a way that it can be done as it doesn't seem to be in any of the ZENMail manuals. ZENMail is the same as Elite Mail in the US, it's just re-branted for the Aus / NZ market as ZENMail from what I have seen.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Peter
Posted By: dassa Re: ZENMail remote mailbox access - 02/10/05 04:16 PM
Hi;

If i understand your question, then i think this is what you are after.

When you say that to access VM remotely, you ring your OWN number and wait till it forwards to VM and then you follow the process to enter your PIN. If this is corect, then to access VM directly, simply change the DID from your extension to that of the VM pilot. IF the VM pilot is indialable. If it is, then the VM should answer straight away and ask you to enter your mailbox and PIN etc...

Hopefully this is what you are after.
Posted By: phlnz Re: ZENMail remote mailbox access - 02/10/05 05:22 PM
I understand that I can configure a new DDI to forward directly to the VM system but I was hoping to use a one touch key (or whatever the term was in ZENMail) and assin it to # or * and then be prompted for my pin number straight away.

What always seems to happen whenever I transfer to the mailbox it asks me to leave a message on that mailbox and not please enter in your pin number to access the mailbox Or do I need to transfer to 9xxx which is the mailbox number and not the extension number?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help