atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TekSupply69 Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/23/05 09:40 AM
Hello,

We recently purchased a used "as is" phone system from a company that went out of business. The phone system looks to be in good shape. The Voicemail system is a VMS(4)U10. Of course we don't have passwords or anything. What I'd like(I'm learning) is to set the voicemail system back to default to program it. I have some experience in Lucent systems. Is there a way to do this??
thanks for replies and suggestions!!
Posted By: knzphnadm Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/23/05 10:46 AM
All i can suggest is that you find some training. I come from Lucent/Avaya as well and have been on a NEC system for 6 months now. Complete 180 degree difference...not always in a good way either (my opinion)
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/23/05 05:42 PM
you'll need a piece of software called cosessions and a computer near by.

you can try the default password to get in. if it works then you can drop to the little menu to restore a default database
Posted By: TekSupply69 Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/24/05 05:30 AM
I have cosessions installed and I can use NEC as the user and get into the system to the interface...But what do I do next??
Thanks!!
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/24/05 04:13 PM
at the main screen hit esc
type in the code you used to log on
you should now see a little dos menu

1 of those options is archive/de-archive database

go to it by typing in that number.

do a de-archive system files (this isn't needed but just to make sure you have a fresh copy of all of the system files)

then do a de-archive of a default database

go back to mthe main little dos menu and restart the vm.

=========================================
if you exit too far & get out of the dos menu you can either type in either of these options:

vm start (to restart the vm)

or

diskmenu or diskutil (can't remember off hand which it is. this will get you back to the dos menu thingy)
Posted By: TekSupply69 Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/25/05 09:49 AM
That did the trick. I'm able to move forward now! Thanks so much!
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Help with NEC VMS(4) - 02/25/05 05:35 PM
no problem.....anytime
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help