atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fenux CAP vs CAR on the IPK - 03/17/05 05:49 PM
Can someone direct me to a good explanation of the uses of Call Appearance and Call Arrival keys? All I've been able to find is a brief description of what they do, but not near enough to satiate my curiosity.
Posted By: tglazier Re: CAP vs CAR on the IPK - 03/17/05 07:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fenux:
Can someone direct me to a good explanation of the uses of Call Appearance and Call Arrival keys? All I've been able to find is a brief description of what they do, but not near enough to satiate my curiosity.</font>

A call appearence key is like a loop key it allows call to come to a key on the phone if they do not have direct trunk appearences and permits out dialing if they do not have direct trunks.
Cap keys usually are unique to each phone but they can also be assigned to multiple phones.
Car keys are virtual exts, that take up hardware ports and can be programed like a phone and have button assignments and appearences on other phones. Trunks can be assigned to ring to them. It makes the system very flexible
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: CAP vs CAR on the IPK - 03/18/05 05:54 PM
another thing about cap keys.......

say you have lines 1-8 in your system but you have a break room phone with 2 buttons. how can you "see" all 8 lines? you can't. a cap key is basically a "place" for a call to land if you do not have that trunk appear on that phone.

----------------------------------------------
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help