atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: daktech2003 AD-40 Message Notification - 04/07/05 10:18 AM
Hello,
Have an AD-40. Using Cut thru paging for tranfer options on certain mailboxes. A couple users would like to have their pager notified when they have a new message. when I try this, it dials the pager and speaks to it like its a live person. Im entering the number in on Line 3 in the notifications area. To test this I plugged in an actual phone number that I could answer. Its treating it like line 2 (Home Phone).
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: HK91_Tool Re: AD-40 Message Notification - 04/17/05 02:59 PM
Heya, I use this option quite a bit for help desk notification. Make sure that after the pager number you put in nine commas for pauses then the extension of the mailbox then #. Otherwise it will assume it's calling a phone. So it would look like this in the number field:

410555XXXX,,,,,,,,,4092#

You may need to play with the number of pauses depending on the pager company the employee is using. You may need more or less.

Have Fun!

Edit: Rereading this I thought I would add, the extension will show up on the pager, The user can then call into their phone and access their VM remotely by letting the system answer and dialing 9 and their extension, then dialing their password if its setup.

[This message has been edited by HK91_Tool (edited April 17, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help