atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguymk IVS2 Software Activation - 05/05/05 09:36 AM
I am having trouble activating software on a IVS2. Install went ok (addind a 3rd PIM) hardware works too. I cannot activate the software through the NEC registration servers. I am using IPS registration wizard 1.0.0.8 with matworx 8. What seems to be happening is the new software loads ok then the laptop dials out to the registration server, connects for 2-3 minutes and then drops off. The program on the laptop still says registering software (I have let this sit overnight and still no change)not sure what the problem is. Do I need matworx 3.61?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: IVS2 Software Activation - 05/07/05 08:36 AM
Are you using a laptop w/ a usb to serial converter to do this? I have had issues w/ that. I have to haul a PC w/ a real serial port to do registrations & upgrades now. Hope this helps.

------------------
Oh Lord, Thy Sea is SO Great
& my boat is SO small.
Posted By: phoneguymk Re: IVS2 Software Activation - 05/09/05 07:29 AM
I am using an old IBM Thinkpad with integrated serial port and floppy drive (I also have a new HP with the usb/serial and usb/floppy) so far only the IBM will get the software loaded but not activated. Both laptops will communicate via matworx and I can download and upload backups. Just cannot get software registered.
Posted By: mextera Re: IVS2 Software Activation - 05/09/05 02:32 PM
On the IVS2 you cannot use IPS Registration. You must use Matworx Studio 3.61 with SP4.

------------------
Hot Rod
Posted By: phoneguymk Re: IVS2 Software Activation - 05/09/05 02:38 PM
Any idea on where to get matworx 3.61?
Posted By: necpro Re: IVS2 Software Activation - 05/09/05 07:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoneguymk:
Any idea on where to get matworx 3.61?</font>
It is not available any longer From NTAC. You must find someone that has a copy. You also need an activation diskette.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help