atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark1 Audit tool / service - 05/09/05 06:17 AM
I have built a tool that audits NEC systems IVS IVS2 IPS IPK and the 2000. You enter site details into a web page, select a system type and select the info you want, enter the system password as well as a web page password and it then emails the results in a standard format (Excel spreadsheet) to the requester. It can also complete a user guide with actual codes entered into PDF files and do system backups on some systems, all emailed to the requester.
Would anyone be interested in a tool like this? or to see the output files?

Mark
Posted By: mextera Re: Audit tool / service - 05/09/05 02:35 PM
What do you want to do with this?
Posted By: Mark1 Re: Audit tool / service - 05/09/05 03:05 PM
I see it as a tool that non technical people can use either clients or staff at comms companies that know what they are talking about but do not know how to program. Great for multi site clients, keeping RSC levels speed dials name displays upto date, it also counts how many ends are connected to the system (where possible). I will send you a sample for some feedback.

Mark
Posted By: necpro Re: Audit tool / service - 05/09/05 07:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark1:
I have built a tool that audits NEC systems IVS IVS2 IPS IPK and the 2000. You enter site details into a web page, select a system type and select the info you want, enter the system password as well as a web page password and it then emails the results in a standard format (Excel spreadsheet) to the requester. It can also complete a user guide with actual codes entered into PDF files and do system backups on some systems, all emailed to the requester.
Would anyone be interested in a tool like this? or to see the output files?

Mark
</font>

I would love to see what you have to offer..
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Audit tool / service - 05/09/05 10:05 PM
I would also be interested.

I have written an Excel macro that, given the raw customer data in the correct format, will write a script for most of the PABX programming Minus the number plan and trunk details (there are already standard scripts available for those). I can't release it at the moment as it was commissioned by NEC and they are evaluating it. It also writes the record sheets and turns about 8 hours work into a 5 min job.
Posted By: Mark1 Re: Audit tool / service - 05/10/05 01:31 AM
R4+Z
I would be happy send you some sample outputs, how do i contact you?

Mark

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by R4+Z:
I would also be interested.

I have written an Excel macro that, given the raw customer data in the correct format, will write a script for most of the PABX programming Minus the number plan and trunk details (there are already standard scripts available for those). I can't release it at the moment as it was commissioned by NEC and they are evaluating it. It also writes the record sheets and turns about 8 hours work into a 5 min job.
</font>
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Audit tool / service - 05/10/05 06:01 AM
Mark

My efforts are pretty amatueristic as I only work in Visual Basic. I am very restricted on what I can release as I wrote the original scripts in my own time but have since become more restricted (I don't want to elaborate on an open forum).

I can also be found here https://www.pbxinfo.com/index.php?n...amp;sid=78ecde4908cf82d06a2063f820c84d6f
a forum which has a "PM" facility PM meaning private message. Perhaps you could contact me there as I dont feel free to post my E-mail address here.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help