atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CRIE73 nec system startup in progress message - 06/03/05 03:18 PM
hi; we moved this system from one end of the floor to another. Everything was great for 48 hours. Now it wont work and message on display phones is system startup in progress. BUT IT NEVER STARTS its a nec dx2na-32

thanks
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: nec system startup in progress message - 06/03/05 03:55 PM
Hope you got a back up!.

You might do a cold start (This will default everything) and/or remove the backup memory battery, it will definetly lose its programming then.

Sounds like your CPU is hosed, also make sure all boards are fully seated.

DJ
Posted By: ICS Re: nec system startup in progress message - 06/04/05 01:42 AM
You have an NEC 124i you should, turn it off, open it up, and pull out all cards except the 1st 2 then start it up with only the cpu & 1 dst card. If you get those phones on that card working turn it off insert the next card then turn it on agian, repeat this until you find out which card is causeing the system bootup in progress. With the 124i they had an issue with power supplys so if you have an old power supply the the system will not boot if you have even 1 port shorted out either due to cables or punched wrong at the block. Good luck.
Posted By: CRIE73 Re: nec system startup in progress message - 06/06/05 03:08 AM
OK. Nothing worked. Will get a new card. It has a modem setup for remote dial in. Can someone contact me off line via email [email protected] who can dial in and program it? They have 2 port voice mail and one user of 8 users has 2 lines that ring on her desk only. Will the vm work by default when I plug it in?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help