atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Big Mike ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/07/05 02:14 PM
I have limited experience with this system but do most of my work on other systems (Samsung, Toshiba, Avaya). I have a prog. Manual for the system and today I tried to program port # 05 (ext 105) to ring immediatly on CO's 1 and 2 (LK4-01 and 02, green light on CO button).
After I did so, the phone was still not ringing. I checked the ringing volume, DND, and just about every other ringing related setting that I could find in the manual, no luck. Please point me in the right direction. If you work on these all the time it's probably something small that I missed.
Thanks a million for your help in advance, much appriciated.

------------------
Posted By: new2nec Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/07/05 04:25 PM
If your system has tenants set up, please check to make sure that the trunk is assigned to the correct tenant. A lot of people miss this setting.

Further, make sure that your phone is assigned to the right tenant, who has been assigned the access to those trunks.

Hope it helps.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Mike:
I have limited experience with this system but do most of my work on other systems (Samsung, Toshiba, Avaya). I have a prog. Manual for the system and today I tried to program port # 05 (ext 105) to ring immediatly on CO's 1 and 2 (LK4-01 and 02, green light on CO button).
After I did so, the phone was still not ringing. I checked the ringing volume, DND, and just about every other ringing related setting that I could find in the manual, no luck. Please point me in the right direction. If you work on these all the time it's probably something small that I missed.
Thanks a million for your help in advance, much appriciated.

</font>
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/07/05 05:27 PM
did you conference to port 05 after you did the linekey#4?

display shoud say something like:

05/01 day rg

if you're seeing 01/01 day rg you're on port #1
Posted By: Big Mike Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/08/05 06:11 AM
chrislebeck, yes, I did use the conference key to move from 01/01 day rg, to 05/01 day ring in both day and night ringing.
The system does not use seperate tenant's, it has been up and running for a while and I just recently started doing work for this company, I did not install the system originally.
Posted By: new2nec Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/08/05 11:19 AM
Big Mike,

If you have it programmed properly, from the station that you are having trouble with, press FEATURE, LINE KEY. It should give you the CO line number indication on the display. That's the simple way the confirm that the line keys are programmed properly for that station. While you are at it, you should check to make sure that there's a station number assigned to that port (or if you are even using the right port). Use FEATURE, 4 and note the station & port number.

If you are using CAR/CAP keys, then it'll be a couple more steps. (you will have to assign the station to the CAR/CAP block MB 4-43 I think.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Mike:
chrislebeck, yes, I did use the conference key to move from 01/01 day rg, to 05/01 day ring in both day and night ringing.
The system does not use seperate tenant's, it has been up and running for a while and I just recently started doing work for this company, I did not install the system originally.
</font>
Posted By: Big Mike Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/08/05 11:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I do know that there is no CAR/CAP keys assigned, that is one of the things I checked on my last visit. I will go to the site and try the most recent suggestions and post my results.
Thanks again.
Posted By: Big Mike Re: ElectraElite 48 ringing - 06/09/05 05:42 AM
Thanks a million for your help guys. I did just like new2nec said and hit Feature 4, and found that I had been trying to program the wrong port. I was under the assumption that ext 105 was port 05. WRONG, it was 06. There is one assumption that I wont make again.
Much appriciation,
Mike
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help