atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stevenec NEC Dterm Series E voicemail - 09/20/05 08:03 AM
I'm working in a telecommuting office, and I want the voicemail lamp to illuminate when someone leaves me a voicemail; it doesn't. It's not the lamp itself that's the problem, because it illuminates when an incoming call rings. So I'm thinking it must be the system programming.

What conditions are necessary in order for this function to work?
Posted By: jhenke Re: NEC Dterm Series E voicemail - 09/20/05 08:52 AM
1303 has to be stroked in the switch and the VM has to have integration with the switch.

------------------
You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

Technical Support | PBX Sales and Service
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NEC Dterm Series E voicemail - 09/20/05 03:07 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jhenke:
1303 has to be stroked in the switch and the VM has to have integration with the switch.</font>
1303>xxxx>0 where xxxx = ext. #

Also, when you say "telecommuting office" does this mean VoIP/DSL to your house? Or do you mean that you have a "guest Cubicle" in a branch office of your company?

Finally, what VM? If active-voice (ad-40, Elitemail, Repartee, Lingo, Reception) then you need "light message lamp?" to be set to "yes" for your mailbox. I believe that AMANDA/tAA also has a setting for message lamp/no message lamp.

to test the lamp:

1524>CoS>1 CoS = class of service
200>fac>A040 where fac = unique code to dial
200>fac>A041 where fac = unique code

Then you can dial one feature code to turn the lamp on, and another to turn it off (to make certain that it works)
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NEC Dterm Series E voicemail - 09/20/05 03:10 PM
btw, you'll probably get a better response if you put an email and/or website in your profile.
Posted By: stevenec Re: NEC Dterm Series E voicemail - 09/20/05 06:14 PM
Thanks, guys. It was solved. The missing information was that I need to press the "my line" button, dial "0" for the attendant, and that registers my extension to the phone in the office I'm using. After that, when VM are left for that extension, the VM lamp illuminates on the telephone unit in the office I happen to be using on that day. Thanks for all your help. I'll chalk this one up to "operator error".
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help