atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NEC Wanted Aspire Soft Phone - 09/22/05 03:49 PM
I just got the Soft Phone for the Aspire system and I am getting frustrated setting this thing up.

When I type the NTCPU IP Address on location it works fine. My problem is when I am out of my office and I type the static IP address of my office, I am unable to connect the soft phone.

Can anybody help me with this issue?? Does anyone here have soft phones?
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/22/05 04:01 PM
I believe you have to set up a VPN tunnel for both locations.

Contact Field engineering at NEC, if you are a dealer as they just released an update acouple of days ago.

DJ
Posted By: NEC Wanted Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/22/05 08:39 PM
What's this VPN business? Its really starting to make me mad. Why does NEC require a VPN for IP Phones? Should I carry a VPN Router with me wherever I go?

The Toshiba systems dont require VPNs and is just plug and play. I Dont get why they made this thing so complicated.

Has anyone tried it without a VPN? I am curious to know if it will work.
Posted By: NEC Wanted Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/22/05 08:40 PM
Oh DJ,

One more question do you have the number to Field Engineering at NEC?
Posted By: NEC Wanted Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/23/05 09:26 AM
Are there any installers in here that know how to program a Soft Phone? I dont care paying someone to tell me how to get this damn Soft Phone to work without buying a VPN Router. I really dont get the brains behind this VPN method.
Posted By: jhenke Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/23/05 09:46 AM
you can set up a software VPN to your network, you dont need a hardware one. we have sp30's off of the neax2000ips and we use software vpn's on all of our softphones. dont know the specifics for the software vpn will talk with IT guy and find out.
Posted By: paulw Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/25/05 01:34 PM
jhenke,

Any info on how to set this up as NEC in Oz have very little info. I tried doing this with an Elite IPK system with no success from home over ADSL. The phone came up but no speach..
Posted By: NEC Wanted Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/26/05 10:33 AM
jhenke,

Thanks for looking into this. I guess for the Softphone I gata get VPN. Now, I have regular IP phones as well that I bought for remote locations. Do you know a workaround so I dont have to buy a VPN router for each location?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/30/05 12:15 PM
I take it there is no way of putting the Aspire on a public Static IP address?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 09/30/05 12:22 PM
Hmm, where's edit post?? Anyway, as far as the softphone goes, I haven't played with that yet but have set up IP phones with no issues. I needed a public static IP address and it went fine. Unfortunately if you can't have that, then you will need to set up a VPN to get through a firewall, OR , use a port that is directed to the private IP that the NTCU is residing at. Did you get Field Engineering's number yet? I have it if you want, Mike Griffith is the only one versed in the IP side of things.
Posted By: cjvio Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 10/06/05 10:28 AM
Adtran has some small office solutions for vpn and they have a vpn client. I am unsure on the prices but I can find out. The company I work for sells NEC Aspire and Adtran products. All you would need is an Adtran Netvanta 2054 and the Netvanta VPN client on your pc. If you have a remote site with IP phones. You can get two 2054 units to VPN to each other. Let me know if you would liek more information on these.
Posted By: EELCO Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 10/18/05 10:11 AM
There is a new voip client for the aspire: a softphone that uses your soundcard (internal or USB)With this system u can use your laptop or desktop-computer to make the vpn connection.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Aspire Soft Phone - 12/08/05 02:46 PM
Hey NEC what ever became of your IP phone issue? I now am having to research the use of Remote IP phones/softphones that point to a private IP address. What type ouf Router did you settle on?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help