atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zgembo Electra Elite 192 - ring problem - 07/13/06 07:52 AM
Hello all,

we are having problem with our phones at the front deks (operators). Both of them are set to ring when either zero (0) is pressed or when a call is coming through.

Now the problem is that both ring out of control - sometimes it amounts to 25% of all calls in a day. The ring is slighly different then regular calls. It has one long sound and then it just hangs up. Its driving our operators crazy, because they keep picking up and it just hangs up. On the display it shows 100->[207]

I was going through the CoSession and found that Voice Port Station Numbers are 200-207. Maybe this will help sort the problem out?
Any ideas?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra Elite 192 - ring problem - 07/13/06 12:12 PM
voice port station numbers sounds like the voicemail.... do you have an 8 port voicemail?

pretty sure you have more than 8 ports of phone extensions if you have a 192.

when someone dials 0 does it ring on a certain button on both phones? if so do a feature then that button on both phones and let us know what it says
Posted By: zgembo Re: Electra Elite 192 - ring problem - 07/20/06 01:39 PM
Yes we do have an 8 port.

It does not ring on one specific button. It rings on whatever is available when #0 is pressed.

Could it be something to do with voicemail trying to reach owner of that particular voicemail box if there are new messages in their voicemail mailbox. Does that sound right?

Let's say, I was away from my desk when my phone rang. Person left a message, but I have not checked my voicemail for a while. Maybe there is a setting/option of some kind that lets you set a phone to check for messages, and if there are any, it will call you. Voicemail will call you if there are new messages rather then other way around?
Posted By: jhenke Re: Electra Elite 192 - ring problem - 07/21/06 05:17 AM
If that is the case, have the users turn off notification for their phones.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra Elite 192 - ring problem - 07/21/06 06:37 PM
the 1st notification in EACH mailbox (if you turn it on as it's off by default) will call your phone with each new message

need cosessions to view it. or just log into that mailbox and turn it off. it's a per mailbox setting
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help