atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nate22007 NEC NEAX 2000 IVS !!!HELP!!! - 07/13/06 01:57 PM
Hello, first post here. I recently became the network admin for a company in Florida. An associate of mine runs the company help desk and when a user requested a replacemnt phone set for our NEC NEAX 2000 IVS she ordered one. Well, apparently that got someone in a huff as we recieved a letter from our local NEC expert/installer stating that by so doing we violated our maintainence agreement and had to pay a fee. Long story short, they are gone and we dont know the password to make changes to the system. Can anyone tell me my options? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Clinton Re: NEC NEAX 2000 IVS !!!HELP!!! - 07/13/06 04:21 PM
Something about this situation just doesn't add up for me. If you had a bad phone, wouldn't that have been covered under your maintenance agreement? If it was, and you made the mistake of buying a replacement phone through some other source, I don't see why the installer would get all bent out of shape about not having to cover the cost of that phone himself.

In any case, you'll need to find another NEC authorized dealer to service your system for you. You really don't want to take on the responsibilty of that NEAX all on your own. The "Installers" link at the top of this page will take you to lists of interconnect companies, that's a good place to start. You can also post a request on the "Request and installer" forum on this board. Good luck!
Posted By: domino Re: NEC NEAX 2000 IVS !!!HELP!!! - 07/14/06 06:21 AM
If you own the system ,the passcodes should have been made available to you. Call your vendor and ask for them.
Posted By: R4+Z Re: NEC NEAX 2000 IVS !!!HELP!!! - 07/14/06 09:54 PM
You are legally entitled to the password so don't let them try to charge you for it. If they won't oblige NEC can crack the password for you and then you can send the vendor the bill.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help