atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: domino AD - 8 Problem - 07/16/06 05:06 PM
I have a new AD- 8 that locks up every day...It looks as if it is doing it during a backup routine. Anyway to turn the auto backup off?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/16/06 07:29 PM
I changed the OS Surrender to Monthly date. Lets see if that does anything..
What is happening is I am getting a insuffient memory for defrag and stopping right there.. I linked into my system with my laptop and hit ok and it started doing the routine. It would say that no *adv files present and stop. I had to reboot system so, I did manual system backup by exiting out of the system and using the utilities and it worked fine. I looked on the NEC website and couldn't find anything. Any Ideas?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/17/06 08:51 AM
Changing the OS surrender....Nope...
So, I changed it over to a different computer system and now it seems to be stable...WHAT THE !@#!$#$ IS going on?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/17/06 05:55 PM
And now it si bugging again...Help!!!
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/17/06 06:39 PM
what version is the ad-8? and what system is it attached to?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/17/06 09:27 PM
Not sure of the version...Q414...
Attached to 2000 IVS
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/17/06 09:30 PM
I found a file on the NEC tech support site about a file to put in for OS surrender lockups....Could this be it?
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/18/06 03:40 PM
have you tried to repair database errors and run scan disk. do you really need os surrender, or can you take it off and see if it locks up anymore.
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/20/06 07:38 AM
Yes, I have tried running scandisk,defrag and error check from both the DOS menu and the voicemail menu. Still no luck...Can't play with it anymore...Ordered new VM...But I would still like to hear your ideas..
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/20/06 04:12 PM
how did u defrag the drive? through a dos command or did u use the utility menu? did u try taking the os surrender off to see if it took care of the problem?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/20/06 07:24 PM
I defraged the drive using BOTH...And this VM does not give me the option of not doing the OS surrender? On line 57 on page 6 of the easymade pages it will only let me put in a date..daily,weekly or monthly but no way to turn off that I could see. I have tried all three settings and no change. Kinda frustrating.
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/20/06 08:03 PM
if u don't put anything in those fields it shouldn't reboot.
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/21/06 06:38 AM
That was the default...and it still done it..It seems to be trying to find an error...Is there an auto error check on this VM?
Posted By: domino Re: AD - 8 Problem - 07/25/06 07:35 AM
Well, I just replaced the VM. I am going to work on this on my own system and see what I can find out...Thanks for everyones help..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help