atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dans DSX - 07/19/06 06:51 AM
I attended a seminar on the NEC DSX system yesterday 7/18/06. I have to say NEC has hit a home run with this system.
Couple of notes.
The phones are higher quality by far than the DS phones.
System programming is completly different.
For the quality and the price, this system is going to be hard to beat.

Dan S
Posted By: KLD Re: DSX - 07/19/06 10:47 AM
Boy, is this strange---

Anyway, Dan, you beat me. We are going to KC to see the DSX tomorrow. Been hearing only good things.

KLD. wink
Posted By: capitol Re: DSX - 07/19/06 01:25 PM
Were you able to get a copy of the Programming software?
Posted By: BillyBob Re: DSX - 07/19/06 02:09 PM
I went to the seminar last wednesday (7/12/06) and I agree that this system is well designed, has attractive well-built telephones and will give the competition a run for the money.
Dan - sounds like you got a copy of the programming software. I didn't frown
Posted By: dans Re: DSX - 07/20/06 05:09 AM
Go to necdsx.com
hardware manual
software manul

Dan S
Posted By: BillyBob Re: DSX - 07/20/06 06:01 AM
I have all the manuals, I am wanting to get my hands on the programming SOFTWARE. The system CD given to us does not have the software.

Bill
Posted By: Pots Re: DSX - 07/20/06 08:26 PM
Was told today PC admin program should be avalable Next Monday 7/24
Posted By: rage Re: DSX - 07/23/06 05:21 PM
Can't say I'm surprised at the influx of attention this system has gotten. I also was at the launch here in atlanta and have since started a sale on a 48 phone 14 line system cheaper than I could sell any other systems that size.

My sales rep was great and so was the support on making sure my configuration was correct! If they keep this up they will be our premiere small business system. Just hope they offer VoIP sometime soon but dont see that hapening.

P.S = Be careful with this system as it MAY be frustrating that they named some programming features different than most systems.
Posted By: dans Re: DSX - 07/23/06 06:58 PM
I was told VoIP is one year away.
Posted By: baldy Re: DSX - 08/02/06 04:47 AM
We Put in 2 of these systems as beta sites back in January Each of them is running perfectlly one was a law firm with 38 phones & voicemail and the other was a high school that had a ds2000
which we upgraded the software to the DSX and upgraded the voice mailfrom a analog Amanda system the brekdown now stands at 32 ds2000 sets, 3 dsx sets, 32 Analog sets, & 9 lines
Posted By: telman3756497 Re: DSX - 08/03/06 09:05 PM
I took a seminar at NEC in Shelton Connecticut. The project manager and a tech support guy was monitoring the seminar as well. It was just me and 2 other guys who were there for the seminar. It was great. The The system looks good, seems to perform good and seems installer-friendly. I am starting my first install next week. It was good to have the project manager and tech support guy there to bounce questions at. My feeling is that there should be smooth sailing right from the start.
Posted By: groundstart Re: DSX - 08/04/06 04:48 AM
check out this website:

www.necdsxtelephonesystems.com
Posted By: jayman Re: DSX - 08/04/06 06:00 PM
I put my first dsx 80 in today and all I can say is I'm impressed, It is sweet!!!On board auto att.The phones are cool, programming easy,I'm ipressed
Posted By: capitol Re: DSX - 08/04/06 06:40 PM
I'll install my first next week. The phones are much more sturdy the DS phones. It's gonna be tough to beat.
Posted By: jayman Re: DSX - 08/04/06 07:16 PM
You are right, I've seen alot of switches,I love these phones and the system is easy.Its really gonna be hard to beat. I like it alot.NEC hit a home run, BIG TIME!!!
Posted By: rage Re: DSX - 08/05/06 04:25 PM
I just sold my first DSX160 with 40 phones and pri. Beat out 3 other quotes on other NEC products. It will become a staple in our sales!
Posted By: clgjr Re: DSX - 08/08/06 12:30 PM
Well what is the deal with the 34 button super displays, I'm told that they won't be out untill sometime in sept as well as the dsx 40 system. I've also seen where some of the sets will be bluetooth capable but i don't find any info in the manual about it. Really the only thing that this system is lacking is VOIP and CTI applications. One more thing i heard that pri is really not avaliable yet! I do like what i see so far to say the least. I had real good results with ds1000/2000 so I hope to continue the tradition!
Posted By: baldy Re: DSX - 08/10/06 03:22 PM
Just finished installing my third & fourth system each went in smooth as silk The clients love the product Only problem I forsee is the limitation of the 4 line cordless which tends to have a volume issue and a limit on distance from the base any fix out there I have three on the system
Posted By: rage Re: DSX - 08/14/06 04:26 AM
Well I just got bit in the *ss with the Pri. I sold my system with PRi and then AFTER I signed and got the down payment I was informed there is no PRI released yet! Wish they'd release everything at once, even if it meant holding back on the rest of the system frown . My rep says that they should be out in Sept so i guess we have go back to T1 (this should make me look rela good with the client...not)
Posted By: jayman Re: DSX - 08/14/06 06:36 PM
I here Ya! The Web site says the DSX can support PRI,I'm still getting the rest of my dang foot out of my mouth,and my client thinks I'm a total liar after problems I've had with the local LEC,well thats another storie.I love the system but I need a dang PRI or I am going to lose the customer.
Posted By: jayman Re: DSX - 08/14/06 06:39 PM
DANG!!! MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't win one for nothing, Good thing I quit playing lotto!!
Jayman
Posted By: rage Re: DSX - 08/15/06 03:24 PM
I am getting a DS2000 T1 card until the PRI comes out. NEC got with my vendor and once the PRI is released I will be able to trade with no cost to me (except the difference in cost of the 2). This impressed me that they did that without me even asking them too. Shows they care about our customers!

On a side note, since they have 8 POTS lines now we are just installing on the existing bell lines and will switch to the PRI when they are released. With buying the dsx80 kit and a DSX160 cabinet it works out cheaper and I get spare parts...like an 8 port C.O. card so no money ouit of pocket, just time when we reprogram for the PRI and I'm ok with that.
Posted By: KLD Re: DSX - 08/18/06 07:57 PM
Just a bit of info for you old timers like me --- My laptop was 2000 NT --- The DSX needs MS XP or 2003 Server.

Now I have a laptop so old that you have to crank it and it is running (actually barely walking) XP.

Don't forget to upgrade before you install the KSU. It should fix the call forwarding and I forget the other.

It's tough to get old !!!!

KLD.
Posted By: KLD Re: DSX - 08/23/06 08:21 PM
Okay, the DSX 80 lives !

Installed today, went well, has some less detailed programming yet has other features that make it better than the DS2000.

The phones (back lit 34 button displays) are impressive. Customer loves them. Ease of use and doing the VM made them HAPPY. Wrote the check as I walked out the door.

Now if only I could get that dang yeller lite off without always doing the CL Del* bit. Can't put black electrician's tape over it or they won't know if they have MB messages. :p
As it was quitting time, I'll go back tomorrow and disallow the feature. Gotta Love the USB connect --- the DS200 I could go get a cup of coffee while it downloaded. Now I'm done, can leave, and still have a cup of coffee before the DS would be done.

Do you think I like the DSX ? Could be.

KLD
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help