atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rzbker1974 Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 07/19/06 09:58 AM
A new gremlin has surfaced. Our system seems to chose when to go to voice mail. We had programmed a button on the console for the secretary to switch to nightmode voice mail rather than do it automatically. Now all of a sudden, the voice mail seems to pick up on the 1st or second ring (night or day mode) and seems to be doing it at it's own discretion . I have rebooted the system, no avail.
What did I reset?

Thanks for any advice in advance,

:toast:
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 07/19/06 03:06 PM
does it do it at the same time? is auto day/night mode turned on?

can any other phone put it in night mode?
Posted By: rzbker1974 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 07/19/06 04:40 PM
Yes, it does it at the same time.

auto day/night setting, need system and sub mode, data no. to check.

No, I do not believe that another phone others than 100 and 101 can put it in night mode.

Thoughts?
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 07/19/06 07:21 PM
it is mb 1-1-27 for the time and 1-1-32 for the day of the week. also check the class of service for the other ports to see if they have attendant rights in mb 4-17.
Posted By: rzbker1974 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 08/29/06 09:24 AM
Checked 1-1-27, 1-132 and both contain null values.

checked 4-17, no others have attendants rights.

I have got to figure this out, the secretaries and bosses are climbing on my back.

I cannot resolve why in Day mode, all calls go directly to voice mail, just like in night mode.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.........
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 08/29/06 10:35 AM
Is the system actually going into Night Mode?
Look at your display phones, when in Night mode they will show a solid block of dots next to the time and date.

Also look at MB 4-01 for the voice mail ports they may be turned on accidently or it may just be a certin CO line is set and it only occurs when the telco starts sending more calls in your hunt group.

MB 3-42 is where the Voice mail is supposed to be assigned for DIT (Direct IN Termination).
MB 3-43 is for the night assignment (ANA).

Also look at 3-61 for delayed DIT and ANA assignments.

DJ
Posted By: rzbker1974 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 08/29/06 11:38 AM
"Is the system actually going into Night Mode?
Look at your display phones, when in Night mode they will show a solid block of dots next to the time and date."

No, the system is not actually going into Night mode when an incoming call is flashing. I can toggle the Night/Day mode with an assigned button and could see the solid block when in Night Mode.

This may alter your thought process on other remedies that you listed. However, I did check MB 4-01, but I am a little hazy on which data block to check for turning on voice mail ports accidently or which is for the CO line setting that you were referring to.

3-42, reset to defaults (no assignment), however I changed the station setting to station 100 and also 300 as a stab (to no avail).

3-43, reset to defaults (no assignment), however I changed the station setting to station 100 and also 300 as a stab (to no avail).

3-61, reset to 0s, but tried 10s (to no avail)

thoughts?
Posted By: IPKII Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 08/29/06 06:18 PM
Your voice mail ports are assigned station numbers. Check memory block 4-10 to get these port numbers, then you can verify against memory blocks 4-01 & 4-02.
Is this an NEC Elite mail, or a 3rd party analog integration?
Posted By: rzbker1974 Re: Electra Elite 192 Voice Mail picks up - 08/30/06 07:54 AM
NEC Elite Mail.

Checked 4-10 against 4-01 & 4-02. Discovered that in my 1st vm box (300 ext. 124) was set to ring during the day, cleared the LK's and Bingo, it worked.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you IPKII.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help