atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dell Car Key - 07/22/06 05:57 AM
This is the same Electra Pro II that lost all programming due to storm, by the way the hold time it was without power was over 20 hours. Also every slt ADP I have to change ext ports because the port doesn’t work. Put an ext phone on the port get an error when you go off hook. With this site and all the input I have the system 95% complete. The VM is the only thing that did not lose programming. So to keep my people from losing their mail I had to renumber a few exts .Over the last three years I have installed several car keys. Friday could not get the main greeting to play got out the lap top looked at what box had the greeting .Went to programming my car key would not let me turn on line key 10.I could do program and hit all program keys but not 10.Powerd down several times double check I was on ext 10 still would not work. Remember I have been working on this switch off and on over 3 years and believe me I have beat my head on the wall learning how the point those T-1 channel where I want .What gets me is if the system got a spike I think I would a lot more problems than this but seeing that the system is working great expects for this line key problem. I anyone ever heard of this problem of this problem please post. I do have the main day/night playing. But if I every need to program car keys I am screwed.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Car Key - 07/22/06 07:09 PM
The VM does not have any battery back up at all.
It is all stored on the hard drive. (Which will eventually fail also.)

It sounds like you have a corrupted ram. I would default this system again and start from scratch.
I know its a pain in the rear but the E-pro series was not all that hot to begin with in my opinion, in fact I would dump it an upgrade to an IPK or if you have DTU sets an IPK II.

DJ
Posted By: dell Re: Car Key - 07/25/06 05:48 PM
Not what I wanted to here but kind of had that remote thought that was what I would probable wind up doing.Just had a thought can the memory be downloaded and uploaded on this switch?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Car Key - 07/25/06 07:57 PM
if you have a mifm card and if you could find the sat software (which depends on the software version of your system)
Posted By: dell Re: Car Key - 07/26/06 09:28 AM
Chris I have SP177 V7.0308.Is this sat software is same that is used for IPK systems?
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Car Key - 07/26/06 11:39 AM
You need the E-pro software for series 700.

If the memory is possibly corrupted, backing it up will not help you as it will just send the corrupt info back into it. Also you can not convert databases from an E-Pro to an IPK series.

DJ
Posted By: dell Re: Car Key - 07/27/06 01:14 PM
I was am not asking to move databases,but can the same sat software for for the E-Pro and IPK.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Car Key - 07/27/06 03:46 PM
No, It is completely different.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help