atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mjroam IPK Sat Can't connect? - 08/15/06 06:20 PM
Trying to remote connect to IPK ver 3.xx. Had Sat 1.53
Just upgraded to 4.6 still can't connect.

MIFM and MOD-u10 installed.

When connecting remotely the system answers, Sat progress says "Connecting to KTS system" then modem hangs up after about 20 sec's

Tried different baud rates no change.

I set remote password myself in system programming.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Posted By: Dondebash Re: IPK Sat Can't connect? - 08/16/06 04:01 AM
First thing I would do is check to make sure I can connect locally. Also are you being transfered or DITed to the modem.Sometimes we have had to a uninstall then reinstall with them and make sure the dip switches are set correctly.Also the MIFM has to be in Slot 1.
Posted By: mjroam Re: IPK Sat Can't connect? - 08/17/06 09:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Dondebash! Yes I did try and connect locally with no success. Local connection times out same as modem, just takes longer. Tried changing baud rates, and password or no password at all no change. I connected a breakout box and lights show TD but no RD from KSU. It's as if the Mifm isn't there except all
CD, DTR etc lights look good. I did not install this system. It has an eth-u10 card for an ethernet connection to support the IP network I assume. I'm not that up on IPK IP setup. Original dealer was from out of state home office location where the other networked IPK is located. They have not been able to remote in either for some time allthough the customer said it worked at one time. Customer said it stopped working around the time the VMP voicemail was installed. I don't see how thats possible but I'm no IPK wiz.

Any suggestions on where to look in programming or what hardware to try swapping (MIFM) etc.
would be appreciated.
Posted By: Dondebash Re: IPK Sat Can't connect? - 08/18/06 03:34 AM
I would look in 7-1 and 7-3 to make sure it's installed make sure Slot 1 is a mifm and in 7-3 than Class and SMDR is set for "1".Good luck.
Don
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help