atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dpbecker Deleted messages recoverable? - 10/07/06 01:37 PM
We own a EE192 system with EliteMail VMS. Our support vendor says they can't recover deleted messages (in this case it was due to expiration of the archive period rather than user choice, but that probably doesn't matter). However, our support vendor also says the operating system is DOS, so I find it hard to believe that deleted files are unrecoverable. Of course, I find it hard to believe DOS is the operating system, too.

Is there a way to recover deleted voice message files? Should I be talking to a different support vendor?
Posted By: IPKII Re: Deleted messages recoverable? - 10/07/06 03:45 PM
The Elitemail VMS is a DOS-based platform. I have never been able to get NEC support to assist me with recovering deleted messages.
I would recommend your vendor extend the archive auto-delete setting. The max can be 99 days & you can "re-archive" the message again before that time & you get another 99 days. Be mindful that if this is a VMS (not a FMS or CMS ) you have 180 hours of storage on the drive. The FMS has 4 hours & the CMS is 2 hour media.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Deleted messages recoverable? - 10/08/06 09:18 AM
same as ipk2.......it IS dos. and for as long as i have been working on them you cannot recover a deleted message.

i would extend the hold & archive times.
Posted By: dpbecker Re: Deleted messages recoverable? - 10/08/06 08:53 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the clear advice.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Deleted messages recoverable? - 10/09/06 09:49 PM
If this was a PC, instead of DOS running on a card, you might be able to undelete by using third party utilities. That is not an option in this case, however.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help