atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jayman DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/13/06 01:24 PM
I have a customer with a ds2000 and a T-1 with DID's. I'm trying to get off premise fwding to work. It works if you call the fowarded ext. from another ext(internally) but if you call the DID of the fowarded ext, It does ring the fwd destination but when you answer at the destination the caller still hears ringing.I do have tandom trunk on ,It's like its not letting the two trunks conference???I hope I explained this to where everyone knows what I'm trying to say ,Heck I think I've confused myself!!!!Thanks and have A good Friday 13 ,Its kicking my A@#!!
Posted By: DaveS Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/16/06 07:41 AM
It sounds like the incoming ring is not getting tripped.
What software version are you running?
What does the destination hear when he answers the call?
Posted By: jayman Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/16/06 05:02 PM
The destination hears dead air! I'm currently using software version 3.22.04. Its got me pulling my hair out ,this should be simple help
Posted By: DaveS Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/17/06 05:09 AM
Is your Off Premise call going back out on the T, or on an analog line?
Do you have any Pauses or Flashes in your Off Premise speed dial?
Posted By: jayman Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/17/06 04:01 PM
Its going back out over the T. Ive got a 32 button phone with all the channels programmed as line appearances,I can see the call come on one trunk then grab another for the fowarding but its like they are never tandemed or confrenced together properly.I have no pauses or flashes.Thanks Jayman
Posted By: clgjr Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/18/06 08:47 PM
You sure you have everything (lines and stations) enabled for tandem trunking and unsupervised conference? That's about all I can think of!

By the way not to change the subject! But is all your lines on the system coming through the T-1 and every channel set for DID? Does your carrier provide dial tone on the DID's? Reason I ask is that, Monday I moved a customer that changed over to the exact same setup you have and they're used to having line appearances. Although the ds2000 does not provide dial tone unless you use loop keys and store and forward features. I can't get the phone company to try and remedy the situation and provide dial tone! When I moved this I updated to the version 3.22.07 which greatly improved keyset side tone which was non-existent in prior versions. Maybe this newer version helps with your forwarding problem. Tell you what though I will be going out there tomorrow and I will try to off premises call forward and see what happens!
Posted By: clgjr Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/18/06 08:59 PM
Not sure if this helps but I found this in release notes for 3.22.07.

Software Corrections in 03.22.06
â—†
DS2000 Release Notes
Tandem Trunking / Unsupervised Conference
Unsupervised Conference and Tandem Trunk Options Required for T1 Trunks
When setting up Tandem Trunking for T1 trunks in software version 03.22.06, the following programming
is required:
●
Enable
0101-Unsupervised Conference
in the extension’s Class of Service.
●
Enable
1003-Tandem Trunk
for each T1 trunk.
In prior software versions, these requirements were not enforced for T1 trunks.
Posted By: jayman Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/19/06 09:50 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm on my way out there now I will let you know again thanks for the reply
Posted By: clgjr Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/19/06 08:04 PM
I can confirm call forward off premise works fine when I tried it today using 3.22.07 on DID trunks through a T-1 card.
Posted By: jayman Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/20/06 08:37 AM
Still not working, I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to 3.22.07 and see if this helps. The only thing that gets me is I have a another location set up almost identical and it works fine with 3.22.04.I wonder if I have a hardware problem?
Posted By: KLD Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/20/06 09:54 AM
Jayman, do you have a 16 port analog card installed? With VM? If you have the above, make sure you go to 3.22.07 or you will have problems with the analog ports (firmware on the card).

If you don't have it or the VM, the time slots could make the difference so the other system does work. Just a guess.

Stupid question, did you toggle the power after the programming? When I set the night and forward ops on one it would not "take" until the power was cycled.

Good luck !
Posted By: jayman Re: DS2000 off premise fwd - 10/20/06 03:41 PM
Ken I do have voicemail but only a 8 port analog card ,I am upgrading to 3.22.07 Monday . I thought about recycling power but they were very busy,so I figured after the upgrade that will happen.I appreciate all you guys and will let ya know Monday. Boy do I need some luck,this is a tough to please customer Thanks Jayman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help