atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TJ Baker IPK II Night Mode? - 02/07/07 05:24 AM
Hello Folks,

We are having a new IPK system installed (box says IPK, vendor says IPK II). Anyway, We would like to have night mode be automatic by a schedule but also be available by a manual override of some sort. Our vendor tells us this is not possible, it can be either one or the other but not both. Is this correct??

If night mode is handled on a schedule, how does one handle holidays without any manual overrides? Again, vendor says we can have one fixed schedule or manual operation where we must set to night mode each day.

We have two weeks to request any changes,

Thanks,

TJ Baker
Posted By: IPKII Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/07/07 06:07 AM
You can have automatic & manual night mode switching at the same time.

There is a program where the holidays you select can be entered.
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/07/07 11:56 AM
IPKII, Firstly - Thanks for the reply.

The system went online yesterday and we can request changes within the next two weeks.

Is the procedure for setting up simultaneous automatic and manual night mode switching something that can be outlined here, in such form that I could print it out for our vendors techs to use?? Maybe we are not explaining what we want in the "correct" terms.

Is the "program" you mention for setting holidays available to the end-user or should this be done by our vendor during checkout of the system?

Thanks once again for your assistance,

TJ Baker
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/07/07 12:09 PM
Use Holiday Night Service Switching to define a yearly schedule
of holiday night-switch settings. This schedule is used for the setting of special
when the company is expected to be closed, such as a national holiday.

IPKII... Correct me if I am wrong, but A manual night mode key can be programmed to switch to another mode but, will revert back to the next auto night mode at the next designated time based on the time pattern for that day.
Posted By: IPKII Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/08/07 06:06 AM
That is correct, Cram.
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/08/07 07:17 PM
I spoke to the installing tech.

At first, contrary to the company rep, he thought that he could provide a programmed key for night mode but when he tried it yesterday afternoon it did not work. Is there something special that must be done? Does it make any diference that this (new) system was initially built as an IPK and was "converted" to IPK II??

The holiday settings apparently would require a service call each year to reset for the next year since holidays change from year to year so we'll not be using any holiday settings.
Posted By: IPKII Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/09/07 05:34 AM
I hope they didn't use the PcPro database conversion tool! It will cause all kinds of trouble!

We used it once & ended up having to re-key the customers database by hand...

The night mode programming must be done for the night mode button to work...
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/09/07 09:15 AM
This is an entirely new install using our existing terminals. I would think there would then have been no customer database to begin with. So I'm assuming they did the conversion of the unit from IPK to IPK II before delivering it to us?

At any rate the tech did do some programming to try to get the auto and manual night service switching going at the same time but it did not work. Only the automatic switching worked.
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/09/07 10:45 AM
So... If you are using existing terminals.... What did you have for a phone system before the IPKII was installed?
Posted By: IPKII Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/10/07 06:06 AM
OK, should be a fresh database then. I thought they installed an IPK I then upgraded it for you.
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/12/07 05:16 AM
Cram: The previous system was Electra Professional Level II (if I'm stating that correctly)

IPKII: I think they did the conversion on the unit before installing it here, but it's just as possible that it was done here after the install. Not being a tech myself I don't know which must come first, the install or the conversion.

Anyway, how does this affect the workings of the night mode button ? (which our vendor says can't be done when automatic night scheduling is active, they tried and it failed to work)

TJ Baker
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/12/07 10:07 AM
You can not convert an E-pro to an elite,or an IPK 1 or 2!

They had to have programmed the system from scratch.

The night mode can be programmed on a button, but you have to have the feature enabled in the COS setting.
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/13/07 09:24 AM
Tip&Ring:

Yes, it is known that the E-pro was not "converted" to IPK.

I will state once again, the installing technician attempted to program a night mode button, I assume with whatever else needed to be done for it to work. But he found it did NOT work and he then told us that his company representative must have been correct in telling us that "you cannot have a night mode button and have automatic night mode switching at the same time". This has been the context of this entire thread - to determine if automatic and manual night mode switching can co-exist in an IPK II.
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/13/07 10:34 AM
Knowing I have done this in the past and went over this in one of the IPKII Certification classes..... I set it up here again on my demo IPKII and..... It worked with a Night Mode Toggle Switch while using Automatic Night Mode Switching. I am really not sure what else to say about it.
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/13/07 10:36 AM
When he found that it did not work... What did it do? Nothing? Did it not toggle between your night modes? The button doesn't light up when used as a toggle, but will change the mode listed on the display.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/15/07 04:25 PM
If you would like to give me your email address in a pm, I can send you the correct programming to make this happen.
Posted By: domino Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/18/07 10:11 AM
TJ
What is that you are trying to do?
It is possible to put a night mode button and have auto night mode enabled. I have done it on many systems. What are you trying to have the night mode accomplish? Phones not to ring, different messages, etc..There may be other programming involved than just putting a night mode button on the set.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/18/07 04:15 PM
Unless there's a change in the IPK2 programming from IPK and Elite, you should be able to press "FEATURE" 80 "FEATURE" and toggle between Day and Night. In night mode, there will be a dark block next to the time and date.

This should not interfere with auto-mode-changes.
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/19/07 12:05 PM
Originally posted by telephoneguy:
Unless there's a change in the IPK2 programming from IPK and Elite, you should be able to press "FEATURE" 80 "FEATURE" and toggle between Day and Night. In night mode, there will be a dark block next to the time and date.

This should not interfere with auto-mode-changes.
That won't get you very far, but....

Speaker --> 718 --> Desired Night Mode (1-8) --> Speaker

Will and IPKII displays text name of Night Mode you have selected as named in MB 12-07
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/19/07 08:26 PM
I sit corrected.
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 04:42 AM
Originally posted by domino:
TJ
What is that you are trying to do?
It is possible to put a night mode button and have auto night mode enabled. I have done it on many systems. What are you trying to have the night mode accomplish?
We are a small company with a single individual responsible for the phone system. Sometimes we may close a bit early and it would be nice to have a way to set the phones to night mode when we leave in advance of the scheduled time. Also we would like to have an automatic scheduled switch to night mode such that it could not be forgotten by the attendant when they leave.

Seems simple really, all that is desired is a programmed button on the operators terminal that when pressed will toggle the system from night mode to day mode (or vice-versa) and at the same time have the system make these changes on an automatic schedule. Our installer said it would work but the automatic schedule would over-ride any manual control when the next programmed switch came. We said that was OK. He goes back to the IPK II box, hooks up with notebook PC, pokes around in there for some time then comes back to us saying it doesn't work and can't be done! That is essentially all I know about it.

Our 'night mode' directs callers to a recorded greeting with instructions for leaving messages and how to obtain after-hours service. ((this was another issue we had with this system, apparantly it is not capable of repeating recorded greetings?!?! lame )) (Our attendant stumbled onto a work-around for this though)
Posted By: TJ Baker Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Cram:
That won't get you very far, but....

Speaker --> 718 --> Desired Night Mode (1-8) --> Speaker

Will and IPKII displays text name of Night Mode you have selected as named in MB 12-07 [/QB]
On our system pressing speaker --> 718 yields a busy signal and nothing else.
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 06:00 AM
Class of Service for your extensions would have to be altered to allow for Manual Night Mode Switching. Is on by defualt for only phones assigned to CoS 15 which is usually your attendant/operator (101 by default).
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 06:03 AM
If you try it from any phone that does not have "rights" you will get a busy signal.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 06:04 AM
Again, if you'd leave me your email in a private message, I will send you the instructions on how to make this work!
Posted By: Cram Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 06:13 AM
In addition to CoS.... If Manual Night Mode Switching is not selected in MB 12-01-01 (Night Mode Function Setup) You will not be able to do a manual switch from any phone regardless. And just to make certain I am not feeding you false information.... I have tested evverything posted here in the field for clients and again in office to make sure it does what I am saying.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/22/07 05:55 PM
Hey TJ - what happened?
Posted By: JUNODEY Re: IPK II Night Mode? - 02/25/07 07:48 PM
Just a clarification.. Is IPK II the same as our Topaz system here in the philippines because it seems they both use the same MB or program numbers? Just a question laugh
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help