atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KuJaX NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/23/07 01:09 PM
Hello NEC Users!

We are in the market for a new Small Business phone system. We are a small startup company that currently has two employees. In the next 3 to 6 months we are looking to hire on another (three employees total). Ultimately, I would like a small business phone system that will be able to get up to 6 to 8 or so phones into it for future growth.

We will be starting out with two analog phone lines into the office. We will expand to three once the new hire is on and will need to have the piece of equipment capable of up to 4 (preferably up to 8, but only if cost isnt significant).

We would like IVR (1 for sales, 2 for Customer Service or dial your extension at any time) of which each of the phones have their own extension AND voice mail. We would like time condition where when we are closed it says we are closed and takes a message.

We would also like time conditions where when we are closed, it is a different greeting than if we are open.

Also, please recommend specific phones for what you use as we will purchase three with the system.

Budget is $1000 to $1500.

Thanks,
Posted By: KLD Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/23/07 05:59 PM
KuJaX,

The DSX 40 should fit the bill. Check with the installers' tab at the top of the page for a listing for your area.

The "IVR" is the Voice Mail Auto Attendant. The 22 button display phones should fit the bill.

And it can grow for you.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/23/07 06:26 PM
Like KLD said - Go with the DSX-40.

Bill
Posted By: KuJaX Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 11:40 AM
How easy is the DSX-40 to setup? Does it have time conditions (different voicemail when we are closed)?
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 12:00 PM
IT is simple to setup. You will get info on how to download the system admin program with the order.

As for time conditions. Yes you will set day and night settings in the system for different Auto Attendants when the system is in day and night. Also differnt greetings that you can set in your voicemail.
Posted By: KuJaX Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 04:22 PM
How does this stack up against the Avaya G10?
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 05:03 PM
I have not installed a G10 before.

Personally for a small office I would not get an IP system. The dsx 40 will do what you need it to do.

Great Features. Easy to use. With your numbers on lines and employees then I would advise the DSX 40. It will grow to 8 lines and 24 stations.
The Voicemail comes in 8 hour and 16 hour formats. If you want anything larger than that there is another voicemail.
Posted By: KuJaX Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 05:37 PM
So will each phone or extension have its own voicemail or just one primary main voicemail server?

Anything else I am forgetting to ask?

Can we transfer a call to another extension?
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/24/07 08:47 PM
Yes transfer is built into any phone system made today. As for voicemail you can setup per extension as well as the greeting that is on it when dial in is different. All depends on how you would like it to work.

It sounds like you need to hire a local technician to come in and install this for you.
Posted By: KLD Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/25/07 08:28 AM
KuJaX, like I said in my original post, check for a local listing in the Installers' tab at the top of the page.

Obviously you are a computer oriented individual, you have worked in a corporate environment (IVR, server, Avaya G10), and you want the bells and whistles of a large system without the cost.

Identify a good local dealer, let him educate you, bond with him, and as you grow you won't make large dollar investments without gaining the experience and expertise of a telecom professional.

(In English, this is NOT a DIY project)

Your telephone system is the gateway to your business for your customers. Professional or jack-leg? What will your customers think when they call?

I have a saying, when your phones aren't ringing you aren't making money.

Good Luck.
Posted By: brokeda Re: NEC for Small Business (2 to 4 phones) - 02/25/07 09:44 AM
Sounds like you want these features:
During the day the Auto Attendant would answer incoming calls either immediately or after 3 or 4 rings as a backup and give a Greeting and menu that reflects that you are open for business and proper directions for dialing etc. Any incoming caller reaching an extensions mailbox would hear that persons day greeting automatically.
When it is time to close either at the std time or early and you wish to press 1 button to put system in night mode, this action would immediately change the greeting and instructions menu heard by incoming callers to your Night Greeting and instructions and also mean any caller reaching a personal mailbox would hear that persons after hours Greeting, all with no action from anyone but just Pressing the Night button.
You might wish to have Holiday greeting and menu that can be activated by pressing 1 button, or a lunch greeting and menu by pressing 1 button. Or you may wish to have all of the above controlled by a time schedule, Holidays being scheduled up to 1 year in advance.
If this is what you want you may have to look to a higher line NEC system with more robust AA and voice mail or other system.
If you don't need these advanced functions,
the DSX will work great for you. (IMHO)
It's hard to beat for the investment vs features in it's market.
But as others have suggested, get with a local dealer, and have it set up properly. I'm sure any would be happy to show you how to admin the system
if you wish to do so.

Welcome to the board.

welcome welcome welcome welcome

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help