atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jag IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 11:15 AM
Hi,guys, I have a NEC IPK11 with inmail. I am having problems with the inmail passing the caller ID to the multiline set. With the system in day mode,the caller ID shows up fine. With the system in night mode,the call is answered by the inmail.If the caller transfer to an extension,the display shows "transfer inmail #1". No caller ID while ringing and after the call is answered. It looks like the inmail is answering the call too quick, on the first ring,so the caller id is not captured.IS there a MB to tell the inmail to pick up on the second ring? I check all the programming,maybe I am missing something.Help

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 01:42 PM
I haven't played with the Inmal but to get this to work with the Elitemail you have to have MB 14.01.22 turned on..
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 02:27 PM
Hi Paulw, MB 14.1.22 is turned on. The CID is fine in day mode ,but not in night mode when the inmail answer and transfer to extensions. The class of service is the same for the day and night mode.

Best Regards
Jagie
Posted By: vad60 Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 04:13 PM
Make sure that in Night mode there is 2 rings before AA picks up cause CID comes between 1st and 2nd rings. If AA answers call on first ring would be no CID passing through.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 04:18 PM
To have the Inmail answer on delay ringing you have to use secondary ring group programming.
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/22/07 05:18 PM
Thanks guys. Right now I have the trunks on ring group 101 (inmail). I spoke to NEC this morning and explain my problem. But the tech does not think this is the problem and asked me to call TAC . After testing the CO line in night mode,I cannot heat the CID packet. So I was sure that the inmail was answering the call too fast. Now how do I setup the delay ringing using the secondary ring group. Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: dans Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/23/07 06:07 AM
When you have Caller ID enabled in program
14-02-10 the system automaticaly waits to receive the caller ID packet data before sending the call to AA.
Take a look at what routing mailbox your using for night, than look at what dial action table has been assign to it. Take a look at first digit of your extension and make sure it is set for unscreen transfer. If it is setup as screen transfer it will not pass caller ID info.
Dan S
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/23/07 07:09 AM
Hi Dans, thank you for your reply. I remember when I was getting this system ready last year for install that this feature worked fine. I know I changed a few thing in the system to make the external call forwarding work after the install. I had to play with the screen and unscreed transfer in the dial action table. I think that i am using the same table for day and night. Right now it is set for unscreen transfer. I am glad to know that once MB 14-02-10 is enable that the AA will wait for the CID packet. So I will now check all the programming in the inmail especially the dial action tables. Thanks guys.

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/23/07 03:24 PM
Hello everyone. Here is my findings. I checked everything in MB 47 for the inmail.All is programmed ok. Indeed the AA is picking up on the very first ring cycle.No pause for CID packet. Then I discovered in MB 22-05 Incoming Trunk Ring Group Assignment, It has 102 which is inskin/external instead of 101 (inmail). So this is the reason it is answering the call on first ring with no pause for CID.When I input 101,it just rings without picking up. What MB should I check to make sure 101 is working. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: IPKII Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/24/07 06:55 AM
You should just DIL your trunks to the In-Mail pilot in mode 2? You use 102 when you want delay ring to the voice-mail whether it is In-Mail or Elite-mail. Even with DIL & CID turned on, the system should wait to recieve the CID packet.

Btw, what software version is on your CPU II? I always keep mine with the latest version. So far 1.60 seems to be working fine...
Posted By: dans Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/24/07 09:18 AM
101 is not used. I think in the earlier manuals it was documented to use 101, this is a mis-print
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/24/07 04:32 PM
Thank you IPKII and DANS for clearing up the IPKII
programming. So my programming is correct. I installed this system MAY 2006. It works great. I did not receive one single service call. It was last Monday when Caller ID was added. It was then I discovered it was not showing CID on Inmail transferred calls in MODE 2.I could swear that this feature worked fine before I took the system on site. My lines Have cid when I tested and programmed the system. Dans,I am glad that you cleared up the 101.102 in MODE 2 works fine.I think my software is 1.00.I will have to check that again. With my test set on the CO line,this thing grabs the call on the very first ring.As TIP&RING said I might have to use a secondary ring group to create the delay. I don't know how to do that.So any help would be great. Thanks for all your help and input.

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/25/07 05:12 PM
Ok Guys, I will do as IPKII suggested. I will remove programming 22-05-01 for MODE 2. I will Change the trunks in 22-02-01 to MODE 2 as TYPE 4.Then I will DIL the trunks in 22-07-01 MODE 2 to the inmail pilot number 200. If this does not work,I will try using 22-08-01 in MODE 2 to created the delay. I wil l do this on Tuesday.I will post the results.

Best Regards
Jag
Posted By: dans Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/25/07 05:54 PM
You should do what IPKII suggested and upgrade software to 1.60. It's easy and does not take long to do.
Posted By: jag Re: IPK 11 INMAIL CALLER ID - 03/27/07 09:57 AM
Hi Guys, I want to thank everyone,especially IPKII and Dans for their input. The programming changes I made did the trick. Once I removed the trunks from 22-02-01 in mode 2,assigned them as DIL's and DIL them to the INMAIL pilot number MODE 2,the inmail waited for the CID packet. So it is working fine. I will try and get the system upgraded.So I get some reading to do. Once again a big thank you to all.

Best Regards
JAG
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help