atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scar More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/17/07 03:19 AM
Recently have taken over a site which has a VMS voicemail card to do VRS.
Eg when an incoming call isn't answered by reception within 6 rings it is sent to an auto attendent box in voicemail which plays an intro message (your call is important blah blah) after the message is played they are put on hold and a virtual extension is rung for 20 secs, then the voicemail restarts, plays the mesage again and then rings the VE again.
All works perfectly until 2 calls come in and are not answered by reception. 1st call to hit the voicemail works fine, but 2nd call just keeps getting the intro message played back to them constantly.
It seems that voicemail handles the call ok but when it tries to transfer the 2nd call to VE it sees it as engaged and just keeps playing the intro message.

I hope this makes some sort of sense as i have spent hours in VMS changing options but i now think it is in the IPK II.

Any Ideas???

Thanks
Scar.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/17/07 07:29 AM
Hopefully Paul from NZ can chime in on this as the IPK II in the US does not allow the In mail to do VRS at this point.
Posted By: dans Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/17/07 08:42 AM
Tip&ring.
Scar is not working with Inmail.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 06:58 AM
In the Far east countries they do use the VRS as a combo Inmail and VRS. In the US that has not been allowed yet. I don't think he is talking about the VMail card with a flash/hard drive as that unit can not do VRS/Auto attendant. It can do Auto attendant/Vmail but I don' think it can do VRS functions.
Posted By: dans Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 11:49 AM
Tip&Ring,
Your on the ball, I over looked a few items. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan S
Posted By: paulw Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 07:07 PM
Scar,

From looking at your post I assume that you are using a inskin Card mail Elite VMS not a VRS card mounted on the CPU??

If so read on.

I have set up a call flow that resembles yours.

1. DID to virtual that rings on the operators fone.
2. Virtual CFNA to VMS and terminates on a Tbox that plays the comfort greeting and then xfers back to the virtual and so the loop goes on until answered.

I can reproduce your problem if MB 24.09.01 for the virtual is set to CFNA/CFB. If it is set to CFNA only, then calls will camp onto the virtual before going to the mail.

If this MB is alread set this way let me know as there may be other settings in CLS..
Posted By: Scar Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 09:05 PM
Paul W,
Pretty close to what i have happening.
You are right in saying it is using a VMS card and not the VRS mounted on the CPU.

The way the system works is the don't use CAP/CAR keys, every incoming line appears on every phone and calls aren't transferred by the operator.

22-02 all lines are set to normal
22-08 all lines point to 102 (In skin VM)

Voicemail then picks up the line plays message and puts plays on hold music and then rings VE 201 for 12 rings, it then replays message and the cycle continues.

Problem happens when there is already a call ringing on VE201. The Voicemail sees VE201 as already engaged and just keeps repeating the message. In between each message Voicemail announces that the extension is on the phone.

It seems the voicemail side of things is working ok but when it transfers the call back to VE201, it sees it as busy and then sends it straight back to voicemail.

I have ran out of ideas on what can be done to stop this happening.
Thanks
Scar.
Posted By: doghart Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 09:43 PM
What version software on your IPKII?

Versions 1.5x had troubles with voicemail transferring calls to a busy stn. 1.6 fixed this issue

D
Posted By: paulw Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/18/07 10:04 PM
Scar,

Just as wild thought before I try this is my lab. Tbox 201. Is it set to release or await answer?? Normally set to Release..
Posted By: paulw Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/19/07 02:55 PM
Scar,

I can reproduce your problem with your setup if Tbox 201 transfer is set to "await answer" rather than "release".

If this is not the case on your site can you pleaze send me an email to the address in my profile and i'll arrange to get a system dump from you, as you live in Ozz and the software levels are the same..
Posted By: Scar Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/22/07 03:48 AM
Paul,
Thanks for your help,
I have changed TBOX 100 to release(much better than what was happening before) and now what is happening is the 2nd caller is being put on hold, hears the on hold music for about 5 secs and then re hears the initial message/comfort message.
1.01 is the installed firmware on the switch.

Cheers
Scar.
Posted By: doghart Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/23/07 07:29 PM
If the software releases are the same in Aus as in US, I would highly suggest upgrading to the most current version 1.60 which is available on the NEC website if you have a tech ID.

www.necntac.com

You will also need to upgrade your PCpro software which is also available on the same site.

You may be wasting a lot of time troubleshooting issues that have been fixed in the software.

Make sure to do a backup with PCpro before doing the upgrade.

D
Posted By: Scar Re: More IPK II Shenanigans - 04/24/07 01:07 AM
Thanks Doghart, I believe we have different versions over here, The current version is 1.03 over here. Who said we were behind the times smile

Thanks to PaulW bench testing the system he has found a solution.
I changed 20.09.07 to allow call queing. Previously the VMS saw VE 201 as being engaged and wouldn't transfer the call, Now calls can que at VE 201 and works perfectly.

Once again thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions. Now can get a rather difficult customer off my back..

Scar.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help