atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Al Dukes DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/09/07 01:37 PM
This has not been my best week with my NEC installed equipment. I have a DS1000 that I installed about 9 months ago that worked great until now. The problem is now that it goes dead and my customer has to go the the ksu and reboot it. Then it works for a while and then does the same thing. When I called tech support, I told them that I had a grounded electrical surge protector, next layer is a voltage regulator (APC LE-1200) and final layer a Tripp-Lite UPS with surge protector. They told me to plug directly into the electrical outlet and the problem cleared up. I tried plugging back into the the UPS a few days later and let it stay like that for a few days...the problem reappeared immediately. Went back to direct electric, problem cleared. I have many DS1000 installed. All set up with the triple protection on the electric side. Same with the DSXs. On the CO side, I use ITW/Linx auto sneak protection fuses on the 66 block. I protect the systems in every way possible. Never a problem until now. Can someone illuminate me here? :bang: Al
Posted By: jayman Re: DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/09/07 05:04 PM
It sounds like you have got something wrong with one of your protection devices.Maybe try bypassing the APC for a week and keep the surge protection on.Sounds like a bad APC.Is there any other laod on it? Thanks Jayman!
Posted By: dans Re: DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/11/07 11:38 AM
How old is the system and what version software?

When it goes dead do you mean it locks up?
Posted By: Al Dukes Re: DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/13/07 03:34 PM
I installed the new system in October of 2006. I will have to go to site to get the software version. There is very little load, 4 22 buttons, and 3 SLTs.

I was wondering about the APC too. I tried plugging just into the line conditioner. Will report tomorrow after checking with customer.

Thanks,

Al :bang:
Posted By: dans Re: DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/14/07 02:05 PM
Before the customer resets the KSU what is the LED on the front doing, and what color is it?
Are the displays on the phones blank or do they show system start up on them?
Posted By: Al Dukes Re: DS1000 Shut down problem - 08/20/07 11:51 AM
As a follow-up to the shut down problem on the DS1000, it seems the system was over heating in a particularly hot room (wasn't that hot when first installed). When the owner of the business closed off the heat source, it seems to have cleared up the problem. I tried just isolating to the voltage regulator (APC), I could not duplicate problem. Finally restored original configuration and changed the heat flow and that seems to have cleared it. Will let the forum know of any other development. :dance:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help