atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: evanoff213 NEC Electra Elite 48 voice mail hassles ? - 08/20/07 05:02 PM
Our church has a NEC Electra Elite 48 phone system with voice mail. lately it has been acting up (not letting us get to the voicemail system, making 116 our operator extention when it was set to 100 and not answering calls on any mode. the batteries check out ok, if i power down the machine sometimes on rebooting it will run fine for about 20 minutes then go out again. any suggestions and if i need special software for maintanance and trouble shooting does someone have direction on were to get these. i plugged a computer up to the serial port of the hard drive card but my computer could not identify the card. thanks
peace
steve
Posted By: g711 Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 voice mail hassles ? - 08/20/07 11:05 PM
Forgive me for needing to ask the obvious, In the past have you been able to connect to voicemail? Did you use a null modem cable?
Posted By: dans Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 voice mail hassles ? - 08/21/07 05:37 AM
Your best be is to locate a NEC certified tech.
Software called cosessions is needed to connect your lap top or PC to voice mail.
i was able to connect to the system in the past via my phone now if i pull the vm card remove the ram replace the ram and put the vm card back in then it works shortly and then freezes. if i am in the main mailbox that programs mailboxes and such and the system freezes, the screen also freezes and the vm gives me a busy signal. one tech tells me it is the hard drive failing another says it is the ram. it is XX dollar service call and XX an hour with a min of 2 hrs to have a tech come out. I figure it is better either replacing a HD or Ram might be cheaper than replacing the vm but i am ok looking at a new system. I just want to spend the churches money wisely no i did not have a null modem cable nor the SAT or cosessions software. the software was suppose to be given to us with the system but the company is defunk. thanks
peace
steve
Posted By: smoom Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 voice mail hassles ? - 08/22/07 05:34 AM
Without Cosessions you will not be able to figure out what is happening/why the voicemail is not booting up properly. When you turn on the voicemail do you here a clicking sound coming from the voicemail hard drive? If it is clicking most likely the hard drive is going bad. NEC makes a replacement drive for the older VMS voicemail's that would be more economical that replacing the entire voicemail system.
Posted By: dans Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 voice mail hassles ? - 08/22/07 12:56 PM
See if you can shop around for other NEC dealers are resellers.
XX service call fee is more than average. XX per hour is on the high side, and the majority of companys charge only 1 hour minimum.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help