atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: insignia How to transfer a phone call - 08/27/07 09:28 AM
Hello all
my company uses the nec dterm 80 and i was wondering how do i go about transferring a phone call.

thanks for reading
Posted By: scotttoolguy Re: How to transfer a phone call - 08/27/07 10:40 AM
It would help if we know what kind of phone system it is, not just the type of telephone set.

Scott.
Posted By: insignia Re: How to transfer a phone call - 08/27/07 12:18 PM
hmmm im not too sure. i know that everyone within the company is linked together and all of em have extensions which i can use to transfer/call.

the way i've been taught to transfer calls for this type of phone is to do the following:
-put the caller on hold,
-dial the extension of the target you must transfer this person to,
-consult the target,
-go back to the caller by pressing the flashing green button (there is a line of these types of buttons right above the number pad)
-press transfer
-dial the target's extension.

supposedly, i'm supposed to hang up afterwards but oftentimes people have told me they don't get the calls. does this have to do with the time interval i provide before i hang up--do i need to wait a bit longer? (i usually just hang up immediately) or is it something else?
Posted By: doghart Re: How to transfer a phone call - 08/27/07 04:37 PM
regardless of what NEC system you have (elite, IPK, IPKII, IPS2000, or IMX2400), the transfer process should be the same:

-while the call is in process press [transfer]
-dial the ext. number and announce the call
-hang up

-you can get the call back if they don't want it by pressing the line key on your phone the call is on instead of hanging up.

When you press [transfer] the call is automatically put on hold (flashing green button on your phone). There's NO reason to use the [hold] key when transferring a call.

If the ext. you're transferring to has lifted their handset to speak with you, tell them not to put it back in the cradle. This will disconnect the call. The call will automatically connect to the handset if it is up.

D
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help