atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: greif DXS-40 MW lamps for Group and Pers VM? - 08/29/07 09:36 AM
Hardware: NEC DSX-40, 4 loop start lines, 8- 22 button phones, Intramail

The system is set up with the auto-attendant answering, then when a caller presses 1, all phones ring in Ring Group 1. If the call is not answered it goes to the Call Routing Mailbox #600.

Problem: The users want to see a flashing light on their phone when there are messages in this box. In the initial setup they saw a MW lamp only for their personal mailbox. In trying to make both types of messages show a MW lamp I changed the users to Group Mailboxes, which then showed MW lamp for the Group Mailbox, The Personal mailbox did not seem to be accessible (at least by outside callers transferred to a specific unanswered extension) in that setup. MW lamp is turned on for each extension and in 2213-04, and 2313-04.

How can I set it up to allow personal mailboxes and have message lamps for both types? The main MW lamp would be great, but could I use feature keys or a count on the LCD screen or anything?
Thanks,
GR
Posted By: Keighlar Re: DXS-40 MW lamps for Group and Pers VM? - 08/29/07 09:53 AM
Set the main lamp back to their personal mailbox and just assign a key on their phones for Message Center 600. This key will flash when there are unread messages in the General Mailbox 600. They can access the messages from that key.
Posted By: Al Dukes Re: DXS-40 MW lamps for Group and Pers VM? - 08/29/07 12:53 PM
Right on Keighlar. Right on! Had to the same set up for a municipality in upstate NY. Works with perfection. Great advice! :toast:
Posted By: greif Re: DXS-40 MW lamps for Group and Pers VM? - 08/29/07 07:36 PM
Thanks guys! Sounds like a great and elegant solution.
GR
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help