atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a electra elite 192 that is using two ksu and I am moving the vm card to the main unit from the other unit. What do I need to do to program card in main unit so it will know it is there?
I take it you have the main cabinet and the expansion above the main? If this is the case, why are you moving the vm?
Delete the card from the original slot in prog 7-1

Re-assign the card in the new cabinet & slot in prog 7-1, it should keep the same port numbers.

Make sure the ports are set as 'digital/VM' in prog 7-2.

set the ext numbers to the ports in prog 4-10.

Set up master & hunt in prog's 4-14 & 4-15.

Make sure VM master (pilot)is set in 1-8-26

All your call fwd settings should be retained.

D
Well I have done all you have said doghart but when I press the vm button or dail vm I get a error beeping and no vm.
Try re-booting the card. Did you shut down the Elitemail & then power off the KSU's before you removed the card? Next time, power the KSU's back up with the card removed, then you un-assign the slot & then re-assign the new slot, power the system off again, insert the Elitemail into the new slot, power up the KSU's, then boot up the Elitemail. Verify your programming for the Elitemail ports.

The Elitemail cards are supposed to be "hot" swappable after you shut the card down, but NEC does'nt support that procedure anymore. I always power down my switch's when removing or inserting Elitemail cards...or any other card that has a drive unit on it such as the ACD Plus, please don't get me started on that one!
Try all that has been told to me but the phone still comes up error when you dail the vm
IPKII
Did NEC ever support hot swapable on the Elite Mail? We have always been told power switch down when pulling or installing the card.

brwyatt
In your last entry you said phone not phones, did you mean just one or all.
If all it sounds like the system is re-assigning new ports to the Elite mail, try re-slotting it back into the orginal slot, see if its starts working again
Put card back into same slot it was in and it says the same thing error.
Gives error message when you dial any ext numbers. From any phone.
Your not able to call station to station? If thats the case contact a NEC dealer or re-seller. Other-wise this will go on and on.
Dans you are correct NEC does not support hot swapping the VM board. 99% of the time you will not have any issues, but I have seen times where the CPU will looses the entire dbase just from removing the VM board with the power on. Always best to power down before removing the board from the KSU.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help