atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dans Modular phones - 09/06/07 05:49 AM
Anyone seen the new modular phones NEC is coming out with?

If not, this is how they work
Customer has the 6 button phone, they want to upgrade one phone to the 12 button, no need to buy the 12 button phone, you buy a 6 button module and slide it in place, presto 12 button phone.

LCD displays are also interchangable.

I believe I have heard other manufactures have come out with this type of phone.

Great idea long overdue
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Modular phones - 09/06/07 12:05 PM
Iwatsu does the same thing with their Gen 2 and Gen 3 phones. Just attach the 12 button key extender and you have 24 buttons.
Posted By: paulw Re: Modular phones - 09/06/07 01:35 PM
This will sound like a logistics nitemare until the sales people get used to it. I can hear the fone calls now. "I want a fone with this configuration, What do I order?? " I remember when the 32DTR was released and the clowns who forgot to order the 32 button keypanel..
Posted By: doghart Re: Modular phones - 09/06/07 07:22 PM
Saw them at the dealer meet in Tahoe in Nov.

Personally I think the last thing NEC needs is another style of phone.

The idea of being able to customize the look of your phone with different colors, woodgrain, carbon fiber etc... is cool, but sounds like a stock and ordering nightmare.

The additional buttons may be a good way for customers to save a few bucks on upgrades though.

D
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Modular phones - 09/07/07 05:16 AM
The additional buttons work very well on the Iwatsu. Ordering and stocking are no problem and customers like the idea of being able to simply upgrade their phones if the need arises.

However, different styles could very well turn into a mess!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help