atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ttech DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/07/07 09:19 AM
The latest major features release has been made public. Read about it in the NEC support site
Posted By: Keighlar Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/07/07 10:20 AM
Well that's going to be different, isn't it? There have been quite a few changes directed at residences, but hopefully we don't go that route. smile

These are some nice upgrades overall. I think the email integration brings tons of added value for its price point even without synchronization.

I guess the proof will be in the implementation.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/07/07 06:24 PM
We have been working on this release for quite a while and think it addresses a lot of your requests. Yes, we are serious about the residential market (with more to come), but not at the expense of SMB.

As always, we're looking for your help with the field trials. Please give it a try in your next install. Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/07/07 07:58 PM
Built in modem is what I'm looking forward to...
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/08/07 01:34 PM
Just installed a 40. Upgraded to 2.0
Very nice. Park and Page is great.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/08/07 06:36 PM
Just getting ready to install a system with that upgrade...looking forward to finally having that modem activated!
Posted By: The phone Man Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/08/07 08:06 PM
HopefullyI will be selling my 1st DSX 40 and I found the email about this trial version upgrade. I hope it all goes well. call
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/10/07 01:11 PM
Well, though I successfully tested the modem on an 80, we are having a problem getting it to work on a 40 that we updated...putting in a question to tech support and will let you know how it pans out...
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/10/07 01:45 PM
Are you using the auto attendant?

If so, please note that the DSX-40 default dial action table only has an entry for digit 3 and not 4 (like the DSX-80). Since the default modem ext. is 428, you won't be able to connect using the AA without making a change to the defaults.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/11/07 06:15 AM
I got in by having someone transfer me...

UPDATE

Shortly after I looked things over, I saw the the table does have 4 set as a UTRF/XXX. I added 8 to be UTRF directly to ext 428 and nope! It still doesn't connect.

Soooo, have I got a faulty Auto Attendant or VM (I have since tried a connection via transfer and it didn't work...could also be noisy lines.)
Posted By: DaveS Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/11/07 07:23 AM
Do you hear the Modem answer?
If so then the Auto-Attendant is working fine.

The digit 4 is likely set in the dial action table since this site was upgraded, and originally installed before the default was modified.

If you are having the call transferred manually, I would assume that you are dialing from a Single Line set and then switching over to the modem. Have you added X0 to the Modem Init string on the System Administrator to prevent it from looking for dialtone?

It could be noisy lines causing the problem.
Have you selected the loop length of the CO lines?

The default loop length has been changed from Medium to Long for each line, but since this is an upgrade, you may still have Medium selected.

This may be affecting the modem's echo cancellation.
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/11/07 08:13 AM
The modem can be turned off in programming, might check that.
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/11/07 04:37 PM
Try a std external modem:
ATQ0
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/12/07 05:28 AM
Still working on it (in between other stuff we have to do).

I did call them this morning though and had them transfer me to see if I heard the FSK modem tones and heard modem.

What's been happening on my laptop is I'll hear modem then...nothing. Either I DSX admin locks up or I get an error stating there is no modem connection.

I'll be updating another system (in town) and I'll see what happens with that one.

And by the way, thanks for all the tip as to where to look.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/12/07 10:57 AM
Looks like I need to uninstall the previous version of the programmer before installing version 2. I'm just double-checking that there are no issues any one knows of in using version 2 programmer with the systems that are not being upgraded.
Posted By: ttech Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/12/07 12:20 PM
One thing I ran into was it changed to DHCP mode on the network settings, I had to go to a phone to check the IP to use to connect.
Posted By: dans Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/12/07 02:19 PM
I also had to remove system admin 1.1 to intall the new version.
Nothing was stated in down load notes to do so.
Anyone else have to remove old in order to install new?
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/12/07 04:02 PM
I had to uninstall the old programming tool in order to install version 2.

I called tech support to ask them if this will have an effect on programming earlier DSX versions and they (engineering) said "NO". They said that uninstalling the old software is the proper way of doing it and that the new software is backward compatable.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/15/07 03:18 PM
Ditto here...also when I connect with a modem (successfully...I'll talk about that more later), when I disconnect DSX admin locks up and I have to Ctrl+alt+del out of it...

I wonder why they put in DHCP...after all, if you're going to connect through the Internet wouldn't you need a static IP anyways?
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/15/07 05:12 PM
Jordon,
DHCP is there by default so the system will get an IP address, gateway, etc. for the time server. (For those not using the admin over IP.)

ttech,
There's a problem with the DHCP default. Systems that were upgraded will loose the IP address previously set. This has been fixed and will be in the next version (2.02).
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/15/07 05:41 PM
Hey DD...

Any other issues that are to be fixed in the new version? The reason I ask is that we are going to be doing a lot of out-of-town installs in the next few weeks and if there is a reason not to use 2.01 I'd like to know about it.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/15/07 05:47 PM
Jordon,

The release has had a lot of alpha testing, but there's always something we miss. I'll post a few comments here in a few days. Stay tuned.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/15/07 05:55 PM
Thanks, and by the way, welcome to the board!
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX upgrade released 2.0 - 09/17/07 02:15 PM
We have corrected the problems reported here plus a few others. We'll have a new release by the end of the week.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help