atcomsystems.ca/forum
Is not possible to login, to your mailbox, pressing # when you hear your message begin to play?
We have 7 IPK2 systems connected via VoIP and it works great. But if someone wants to check their messages, while at another location, it would be nice if they could just dial their extension and press # (or something) to be prompted for their password. Instead, when hit the # key, your hear the general message, which you would then have to dial 9 and enter your mailbox number.

Is it not possible to by-pass this step??
You are doing it how it was designed to be done.

How else would the system know which mailbox you are trying to log into?

D
The way we do it with an IPK system (not an IPK2). Press the Message Key from any extension to get to voice mail (or enter the voice mail extension Number). When the voice mail attendant requests a password (this is for the extension you are at)press # to get the general auto attendant message, then enter 9 + the voice mail extension #. The voice mail attendant will then ask you to enter your password (this is for your voice mail extension #).
Actually doghart Activevoice is out of step compared with all the other voicemail systems that I've worked on. As mbrown80 says normally you can dial you station number or DID number, wait for your greeting, then press * or # and get your password prompt. Fo some strange reason of design Activevoice forces you to go to the main AA greeting and then enter 9xxx to get into your mail box. I would be getting rich if I got a dollar for every customer who has complained about this restriction.. Just like the analog fone users who complain about having to go 222 to delete a message rather than 3. In the LX it's just a slite bit easier but not much by dialing 36.
Originally posted by paulw:
Actually doghart Activevoice is out of step compared with all the other voicemail systems that I've worked on. As mbrown80 says normally you can dial you station number or DID number, wait for your greeting, then press * or # and get your password prompt. Fo some strange reason of design Activevoice forces you to go to the main AA greeting and then enter 9xxx to get into your mail box.
But it's the same number of steps and key presses as the Active Voice. You still need to "back out" of the password prompt so that you can log into a different mailbox whenever you make a direct call into voicemail internally. If you reach your greeting via a DID, you can enter 9 plus your extension number without having to go back to the main greeting.
Originally posted by phonemeister:
But it's the same number of steps and key presses as the Active Voice. You still need to "back out" of the password prompt so that you can log into a different mailbox whenever you make a direct call into voicemail internally. If you reach your greeting via a DID, you can enter 9 plus your extension number without having to go back to the main greeting. [/QUOTE]

You are correct about logging into your own mailbox, but compared to other mails it still involves extra steps. i.e Activevoice: hears own greeting, dial 9102 for own mailbox then 1234 for your passcode. Centigram: Hears own greeting, dial * and 1234 for passcode.

However I'm sure by now that we have answered mbrown80 question :toast:
Sorry, guys. I must not have my "my reply posted" email notifications turned on.

I understand that whether you are dialing 9, #, or * that it's still a number you must dial.
It's just that most people are familiar with dialing #.

Secondly, if you dial your own extension and hear your greeting, you must back out to the main greeting before entering 9 + ext.
I have not tried this by calling a DID number, as suggested above.

My overall goal / desire is to make things as easy, as possible, for our employees. We will eventually get the process down but it just seems a little odd having to login through the main greeting. In our version of VMail, you CAN enter 0-9 and map those entries to specific actions or extensions. It seems odd that a # or * doesn't bring up a login prompt.
Why limit it to only accepting 0-9? See what I'm saying??
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help