atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ThePhoneGod DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 05:02 AM
i have a customer that the ambient noise in the site almost makes it imposible to use their phones. i have adjusted the db levels on their lines multiple times and still is a problem. any ideas?
Posted By: ttech Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 05:06 AM
What Version SW do they have
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 05:07 AM
with high ambient have you tried push to talk handsets or noise canceling handsets ?

try sandman or walker
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 06:09 AM
For noisy environments, try this Noise Canceling Adapter . It has been tested and it works with the DSX phones.
Posted By: ThePhoneGod Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 06:38 AM
thanks for the sugestions
Posted By: jimkinkler Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 01:30 PM
You must have the newer CO cards. You software also must be updated....but the most important issue is the Rev of CO card.
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 06:16 PM
We put in a dsx40 in a restaurant with version 1.01.17. The customer soon called back threatening to return the dsx because the sidetone was unbearable.

I was dispatched out and upgraded them to version 1.01.34 and immediately the customer said it was a big difference, we haven't heard from them since.

So maybe all you need is a software upgrade.
Posted By: KLD Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 07:07 PM
Both problems....both answers. Hopefully the poster is talking about the site background noise so the noise cancelling handsets should do it, and, yes, the newer software helps the other issue.

Okay?
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/02/07 08:53 PM
Okay what?
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/03/07 04:24 AM
or "Okeechobee" as we say around these parts wink
Posted By: Keighlar Re: DSX Phone Background Noise - 11/03/07 05:57 AM
The side tones were a big problem in earlier software versions, and to be honest, the DSX is still very sensitive to ambient noise. For most office and home environments this isn't very noticeable, but in a high noise environment, the noise cancellation adapters may be the ticket.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help