atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: busyfonman Electra 120 ?? restricted lines - 03/15/08 11:51 AM
Hey folks;
This is my first time posting here so be gentle!!! Just wondering if anyone can help me find my way through adding a couple new lines into an Electra (I believe it is a 120 but don't have the current rev). I have a customer with multiple sites that asked me to add a couple of lines to each site reportedly having either DS-2000 or 28i switches. It didn't take me long after arriving onsite to figure out that the facts presented to me were not exactly accurate!!! Anyway, I added the lines into the system & they work great on station 01. If I try to access either line from any other phone I get reorder tone & the display says "error". After spending a painful amount of time in the manual, I am at a loss. I can't find any indications that anything is restricted, no indications of tenants set up, & no obvious class of service differences.

Can anyone recommend anything that I should check (other than finding competent help that is)??

Thanks
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Electra 120 ?? restricted lines - 03/15/08 09:06 PM
Are you adding the CO button onto the phones? How are you accessing them from the other phones?
Posted By: busyfonman Re: Electra 120 ?? restricted lines - 03/16/08 07:08 AM
Lines are accessed by pressing a line key. I verified that each line key on each set was programmed the same (key 01 - L01 etc).

Before the changes, the system was set up for 3 hunting lines on keys 1-3, & then 2 outbound only lines on keys 4&5. As the 2 new lines were added to the hunt group, the customer wants them to appear on keys 4&5 with the outbound only lines on keys 6&7.

Do you know if there is a "private line" feature in this system & if so could it cause me to get the "error" display if some other phone tries to access it?
Posted By: eriway Re: Electra 120 ?? restricted lines - 03/17/08 07:50 AM
First, ensure each station is programmed for CO line appearances on keys 1 - 7. This is done in program 4-12 (each station port), where :
Key 01 = CO1
Key 02 = CO2
etc
Key 07 = CO7

Then in MB 3-03 put the "inbound" trunks in one trunk group (e.g., 02) and the outbound trunks in another trunk group (e.g., 01). (Note: trunk group 01 = dial 9 for outside line, trunk group 02 = dial 8 for outside line access.)
In MB 4-01, and 4-02, for each station, light the trunk keys "green" for each line you want to ring at each phone (red light = delayed ringing, no light = no ringing).
In MB 3-04 you may (or may not) want to turn on Trunk-to-Trunk transfer for bridge calls, conference calls, etc.

Then, at your backboard, move the crossconnects for lines 4 & 5 to trunks 6 & 7. Cross connect the two new lines to trunks 4 & 5.
Posted By: busyfonman Re: Electra 120 ?? restricted lines - 03/19/08 11:54 AM
Thanks for the help!!! Once I figured out how to shut off the private lines the rest of it fell right into place.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help