atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: capone45 NEC DSX 80 Auto Attendant Answer on X Rings - 10/15/08 09:51 AM
Hey guys, I hope you can help. It has been a while since I programmed my DSX 80 and the company is asking to change the number of rings that the auto attendant answers on. They want a receptionist to answer and only have the auto attendant answer if she is busy or on the phone. We are hoping to set it to answer after 4 or 5 rings. I have seen mention of that capability but cannot figure out where the setting it. I use the DSX System Administrator software, but maybe that has to be done through a key pad and have access to do that if need be. Any help is greatly appreciated.
You can do that through the programmer. Look at 1601 in System Timers. All your timers are there for Line No Answer, CFWD NA, etc. depending on how your incoming calls terminate.
So it uses timers. I was thinking that may be it, but I was unable to find anything to confirm and do not like just making random changes to the config.
The timers are based on seconds, not the number of rings, so you may have to play with it a little bit to get it just right, but plan on 1 ring about every 3 seconds.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help