atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonedog DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/12/08 02:30 PM
I recently installed a DSX 80 at a pharmacy with an IVR connected thru analog station ports on the DSX. All works good except twice Ive had to reset the DSX because hunting stopped. All the outside lines are DIL to ext 200 analog port. 200 is bna/rna to 201 etc with the last one pointing back to the second one as indicated in the manual for circular hunting. Once reset it works perfect.
The overflow is set to a ring group which works OK. When hunting doesnt work the the first caller is answered by the IVR but the second call just rings in as a key ring. Any ideas?
Thanks, Steve
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/12/08 06:47 PM
Why not just set direct termination to a group in which 200, 201, etc. are set as members of that group? Isn't the point to have all incoming calls go to extension to which the IVR is connected?
Posted By: phonedog Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 05:11 AM
200, 201, etc ARE the IVR extensions. Do you mean DIL to a ring group with the IVR extensions as members? Wouldnt ALL the IVR ports ring at once?
I did try DIL to a UCD group which was OK except UCD wont overflow on RNA.
Posted By: eriway Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 07:46 AM
In program 2115-01, which BNA/RNA option are you using?..... 2 = B/RNA Outside Calls, 3 = B/RNA All Calls.

Are you testing this by dialing extension 200, or by calling in on a CO line? Option 2 should only work with outside calls, option 3 should work for both internal and outside calls.
Posted By: eriway Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 08:36 AM
Another thought....

Could the malfunction be with the IVR? The next time the problem occurs, unplug the IVR, and plug in two anolog phones. The make your test calls. Do the analog phones ring properly?

I'm reading your inquirey, the IVR is a 2-port system. When the circular hunt is working properly, make 3 test calls at the same time. If I'm not mistaken, the third call will get a Ring-No Answer until one of the IVR ports clears.

Last, when the circular hunt fails, go across the two analog ports with your Butt Set and see if you can draw ICM dialtone. If no... pull the cross connect to the IVR and see if the dial tone returns. Maybe the IVR is not releasing on hang-up.
Posted By: phonedog Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 01:02 PM
Its not the IVR. The ports are being released. I am only testing using outside calling which is what I have the forwarding set for. It works as it should most of the time but somewhere along the line it stops forwarding. A reset returns it to function. If all IVR ports are busy overflow occurs to the ring group. As the customer wants.
When this problem occurs KEY RING is happening.
Software is 1.30 on the DSX. Thanks for your thoughts!
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 01:46 PM
Do you mean DIL to a ring group with the IVR extensions as members? Wouldnt ALL the IVR ports ring at once?
Sorry, got the group type name wrong...

I meant create a UCD group (not ring group) with the IVR extensions in it. Then set the extensions to UCD group membership of that UCD group. Might that work better (and perhaps avoid the lockup that is going on?)
Posted By: phonedog Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/13/08 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "set the ext to UCD group membership of that UCD group". I tried putting the IVR exts in a UCD group and it works OK (DIL to UCD). It wouldnt work to put the regular phones in the UCD group or am I missing something here? When I tried a UCD group I couldnt figure out how to get a UCD IVR ext to forward if it was RNA. UCD only hunts on busy. I played with that a LONG time and couldnt get what I wanted. However, now I may go back to that and give up on hunting for RNA. The customer wanted overflow to a ring group if an IVR ext was RNA (ie a bad IVR port). This sounds confusing, thanks for trying to follow it!
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/15/08 11:27 AM
Let's start at the beginning: when a call comes in, where does it go.

Ring ring--->extensions--->IVR?

Is there an intramail or is the IVR the only thing connected to this system?
Posted By: phonedog Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/15/08 05:07 PM
No Intramail. All calls DIL to IVR ext 200. 200 b/na to 201. 201 b/na to 202. 202 b/na to 201. This sequence is recommended by NEC for circular hunt. 200-202 are analog ports connected to IVR.
DIL overflow is ring-group 600. All pharmacy phones are in this ring group. If the IVR is busy or broken calls will ring the ring group. 0 out of the IVR also rings the ring group.
It all works except once the forwarding stops then only 200 is available. The next call in results in a key ring. Thanks for working with me on this!
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/16/08 09:57 AM
I recently installed an NMV to an DSX-160 but I can't remember whether I had to make changes to ports or re-numbered what was in the Voice Mail UCD group...(I'm pretty sure it was in ports though).

I'll be doing a big cabling job on Monday, but I should be able to get back to you on Tuesday.

Have you spoken to NEC tech support about your problem?
Posted By: phonedog Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/17/08 03:41 PM
I didnt call NEC yet. I checked the customers system over the weekend and its still working. The system is 1.30 and I will upgrade it next time I'm on-site. Do you suppose that 1.3 software with version 2 admin could cause this problem?
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 intermittent hunt group - 11/17/08 04:23 PM
Do you suppose that 1.3 software with version 2 admin could cause this problem?
I seriously doubt it.

By the way, could you give me an some alternate contact info (some of the information is installer level and should not be on the public forum...)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help