atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: duncan_m Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/12/08 07:05 PM
Hi there,

Has anyone managed to hook up a third party SIP phone to an SV8100? I can't get it working, the SIP phone always comes back with "registration failed" or other messages depending on the phone (I've tried one real phone and two soft phones).

I have DT700's working just fine on the same system.

Thanks,

Duncan.
Posted By: paulw Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/12/08 09:42 PM
I have gotten Xlite softfone and a Netcomm V90 hardfone working OK. Have you got standard SIP license installed?? MLT SIP license is different..
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/12/08 09:48 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I was beginning to suspect it was a licensing issue..

Whats the actual licence called that I need? Looking thru the list in Feature Activation within PC-Pro I dont see any that have "SIP" in the title.. but I also suspect its not a complete list?

Cheers, Dunc
Posted By: paulw Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/13/08 11:43 AM
I suspect it's the one below. but it's not in our price list down here.

LK-SYS-IP-TERMINAL-SIP1-LIC
SIP Client - One license One SIP Client - supports 3rd party SIP telephones, NEC MLT
SIP Terminals and/or NEC Softphone (SP310).
Posted By: IPKII Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/13/08 12:01 PM
Yes, there are 2 kinds of licensing, 1 for 3rd party sip, mlt sip & NEC softphone, & another for only NEC sip phones. The above posted license is correct.
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 11/13/08 01:36 PM
Thanks Paul and IPKII.. much appreciated. I'll sort out the license and try again.

Best regards,

Duncan.
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/18/09 09:48 PM
Hi Guys,

A bit more on this.

Our system now has 16 "IP Terminal Advanced" which I'm told support 3rd Party SIP Devices.

But I still cant connect.

I'm using extension 191 as a test. In 11-02 I've assigned it to an unused port (505) which is along side some working NEC IP Phones.

in 15-05 I've selected extension 191 from the Drop Down box and set up a NickName and an authentication password.

I have an ethernet cable plugged into the VOIP port on the IPLA card. The IPLA card is happily reporting an IP Address.

I've configured my 3rd Party SIP phone with the IP Address of the IPLA card and port 5070, I've used the extension number as the User and set the password to the password I set in 15-05.

I get "registration failed".

I've also tried 2 SIP soft phones (Ekiga on Linux and X-Lite on windows).. all fail.

I've tried port 5060 as well.. same result.

I've tried setting a blank password.. no good.

I've tried setting the MAC address in 15-05 to blank.. no good.

I've got a support call in with NEC locally.. but I wanted to put another iron in the fire here.

Any thoughts anyone?

With thanks,

Duncan.
Adelaide, South Australia.
Posted By: Waddid Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/19/09 09:19 AM
Hello,

I was just looking at your post and had some info that may be of some use.

1. You should only require a password if you have enabled authentication in 10-33-02. Rule out authentication for now until you get an extension registered so remove the password you entered in 15-05.

2. Don't try port 5060 as this is for SIP trunks, 5070 is default for SIP extensions on SV8100.

3. X-lite does work with the SV8100 as I have done it. Try setting yours as follows:

Display Name: 191
Username : 191
Password : LEAVE BLANK
Authorisation Username : 191
Domain : 172.16.0.10:5070

Domain should be your IP address of the IPLA card in 10-12-09.

Enable the option Register with domain and receive incoming calls and then select the Domain option for sending outbound calls.

Try these changes and see how you get on.

If your struggling try a different extension number that has not been used before.

Thanks
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/19/09 01:40 PM
Hi Waddid,

Thanks for a comprehensive reply.. After following your instructions I'm still getting "Registration error 400 - Bad request" from X-Lite..

Got any futher thoughts?

With many thanks,

Duncan.
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/19/09 03:05 PM
Well.. a bit more info..

I fired up Wireshark and captured the register request from my PC to the SV8100:

https://www.duncanmargetts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/registerrequest.pcap

I also have a debug log from X-Lite showing the failed register request:

https://www.duncanmargetts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/x-litelog.txt

It would seem that SIP is definitely running, that I have the right IP address and Port.. but its just not happy with my Register Request frown

I have another SV8100 box here.. I'll set that up and try it.

With thanks for any input,

Dunc.
Posted By: paulw Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/19/09 06:01 PM
I'm no expert on these SIP traces but it almost looks like sta 191 does not exist in the 8100 or is already registered to something else..

Be interested in your attempts at the second system..
Posted By: Waddid Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/21/09 08:57 AM
Hi Duncan,

I don't think x191 is being used by anything else as normally you get a 480 Temporarily unavailable error message with that. I am wondering though if it is down to licensing. How many SIP Advanced licenses do you have if you look in feature activation? Also if you can put your config on your blog will have a quick look at it.

Thanks
Posted By: duncan_m Re: Third Party SIP phone with SV8100 - 01/21/09 02:13 PM
Hi Waddid,

Well.. after updating X-Lite to the most recent version it started working..

The version I had was only 2-3 months old.. very curious.

So X-Lite is working.. but the Hardware SIP phone I have wont work.. I suspect there's something peculiar about the SIP service on the SV8100.

We also have UCB (Zeacom/Queue) working on the same box which also uses SIP.

Thanks for your help Waddid, Paul and IPKII. If I find any further information I'll add it here.

Cheers, Duncan.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help