atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BioTechBill I need a seperate VM for a second line - 11/13/08 12:42 PM
Hi, I'm working on an NEC DSX80 system. The end user has a small home based business with 4 lines. 1 line is the home phone number. They want a seperate voicemail setup for that number (i.e. different message, different mailbox). Can it be done and if so how. I've tried a couple of things with no luck.

Thanks,
Posted By: JordonJ Re: I need a seperate VM for a second line - 11/13/08 01:49 PM
Why not just send that line directly to an extension and have it overflow to that extension's mailbox? Is there a reason that wouldn't work? Or create a ring group with a mailbox (setting the line to direct terminate to that group) and create a Message Center button on the phones?
Posted By: skip555 Re: I need a seperate VM for a second line - 11/13/08 02:48 PM
which VM are you using ?
Posted By: eriway Re: I need a seperate VM for a second line - 11/13/08 04:39 PM
Assign line 1 (home tele. #) to a different Answer Table (pgm 3131-02). Then program that table (4211-01) for a default box (after hours message) say box 805, assign an over ride box for holiday messages, say box 806, then assign the general greeting box for day messages in 4212-01 for your new table... using box 804. This also where you would assign the schedule for days of week, time of day etc.

Now, line 1 will follow the programming of the new table, using boxes 804 for day, 805 for night, and 806 for holiday.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help