atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi, hoping someone can help.

One phone will ring whenever another phone pages it instead of just going right to voice over.

The phone that initiates the page displays the options: BYPASS and RLS

Anyone know how to set the phone so that when someone pages it just goes right to allowing for talking.

Thanks.
Dial service code 721 at the extension in question to switch it back to voice intercom.

723 will switch it to a ring intercom.
Thanks for the reply,

I tried those codes and it doesn't seem to work on the one phone having the problem, but does toggle ringing on other phones.

I'm not sure why on this one phone service code 721 does not turn off the ringing. When I input it, the phone displays Voice Call, just like the others, but still rings on page.

Any other ideas is much appreciated, thanks.
Well, let's try un-plugging this phone & then plug it back in. If that does'nt work, perhaps a reboot of the phone system is in order. If you still have trouble someone will have to check the class of service programming for this extension, it might be denied this feature.
Thanks so much IPKII for all your help.

I tried unplugging the phone and that didn't work.

I looked at the class of service programming and found this option checked which seems to be the option?
Under System Data 20-08: Class of Service Options(Outgoing Call Service):
10 - Handsfree Answerback/Forced Intercom Ringing Switching

Do you know if this is the setting for switching ringing on and off? If not, do you know by any chance?

I will try to reboot the system tonight after hours to see if that works.

Such a strange problem since it just started happening and isolated to just one phone.

Thanks again for all your help.
Let's also look at programs 20-09-05 & 20-13-06. These should be checked.
Yup both 20-09-05 & 20-13-06 are checked.

Hopefully the reboot will fix this problem.

Thanks so much!
Well the reboot did not work, I wonder if the phone is defective? Very strange problem.
Try another phone at that jack.
Have you checked 20-08-11 for the extensions class of service?
20-08-11 is unchecked. I will try checking that, thanks.

Can any give a little explanation of how to work System Options.

So System options are under 20-XX.
Each extension giving a Class of Service Number which is assigned in 20-06? Here there is 8 Night Modes? Is this correct? I'm thinking I am checking and unchecking options in 20-07 through 20-14 and maybe its not doing anything because only setting the CoS for Night Mode?

Any explanation of the process of assigning phones to CoS and such would be much appreciated. Thanks.
By default port 001 is in COS 15. All the other ports are in COS 1. You can allow or deny access to system features by setting up different COS's. You can then apply those to different Extensions in different "night modes".

I call night mode 1 Day & night mode 2 night. However, you have 8 of these modes to work with.
Did you try another known working phone at that jack as IPKII suggested? This will eliminate that we are looking at possible hardware problems with the phone.
Thanks Keighlar for the suggestion.
I just tried swapping the phone and still didn't work.
Very strange. The CoS of all the phones are the same, yet this one phone can't toggle the page ringing on and off.

Thanks for everyone's help so for.
You can also test the phone by unplugging it, holding * and #, and plugging it back in. This triggers a diagnostic mode that leads you through testing all buttons, display, and tones.

This will tell you, for example, if your 7 button is flaky, and keeps you from being able to enter 721.
Telephoneguy,
Thanks for the info, I'll try that out. When I do 721 it says VOICE CALL like it should, but doesn't seem to switch to that mode.
Still haven't figured it out.

One thing is if the person paging the phone presses 1, it will stop ringing and go to voice. Not sure if this is a hint to anything?
Just noticed the phone in question has an unused analog adaptor, maybe this could be affecting it somehow?
Let's disconnect the AP-U & try it.
SOLVED:

24-09-02 & 24-09-03 were set to some random number instead of the mailbox number. Changing these back to the mailbox number solved the problem.

Thanks for everyones help! Hopefully this will help anyone else with a similar problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help