atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: loweyj Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/11/08 04:31 PM
Hi, I have a NEC dtu-8d-2(BK) phone here and it is driving me crazy as of late.

It default's itself to DND/NOT-IN. I hit feature-69-feature to cancel it and a while later it has reset itself again. We are missing many calls because the phone will not ring when in DND.

Can anyone help with this ?

Thanks,

Jim
Posted By: KLD Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/11/08 04:54 PM
Demarc....... welcome to the BB. I just bumped this up so someone will notice it. Good luck and don't let your cake fall..... laugh
Posted By: KLD Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/11/08 06:32 PM
Here we go again.......BUMP
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/11/08 11:48 PM
Okay, I always get the phone models mixed here.

This is a black eight-button, sounds like a series E, but does it say "Dterm" at the top, or does it just say "NEC?"

What's probably happening is that one of the users is accidentally typing a feature access code for DND.

Another possibility is that you may have a key set as a DND button. Pressing the button, even by accident, will make it glow red, meaning that DND is set.

What kind of phone system is this connected to? IS it an Elite, an IVS/IVS2/IPS, IPX, etc. ... Somewhere in the building there's a big box on the wall (or if it's an IPX on the floor) and if you can describe it, including color, we might be able to tell you how to make this problem go away for good.
Posted By: loweyj Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/12/08 01:54 PM
Thanks for your reply's.

The phone has NEC on the top of it. If by 8 buttons your are referring to the features buttons, then yes... 8 of them... hold, trans, answer, speaker, redial, conf, recall and feature.

There are also 8 buttons for call, call, park, park retrieve, voicemail, nightmode, page and station2.

On the top under the LCD display there are 6 buttons... exit, sys, sta., up, down and help.

I have no idea what it is connected to or if it is an Elite or one of the others you mentioned. Unfortunately, the office people have gone home for the week-end, so I will have to research your other questions next week.

I do know that my manual says 'Elite Limited VMS, if that helps.

Thanks again,

Jim
Posted By: eriway Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/12/08 02:23 PM
If the display is showing DND/NOT-IN, then the user has activated "Customized Message". Try canceling it with [Feature] 79 [Feature]. This will cancel the message. You may have to follow that up with the [Feature] 69 [Feature] to cancel the DND part.
Posted By: loweyj Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/12/08 03:34 PM
Thanks eriway,

So far so good... seems to be working

Appreciate it !!!

Jim
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Help Please ... NEC dtu-8d-2 - 12/21/08 08:02 PM
For future reference, that would be an Elite.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help