atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: etkfixr Connecting an SLT module - 12/22/08 10:17 AM
Hello everyone. I am working on installing a Mitel SX-200 at our Battleship Memorial and I'd like to connect it to an extension on our Elite 192. I got some used equipment on E-bay that included an SLT module but I can't find anything in the documentation manuals on how to hook it up. The single line side has two terminals, tip and ring, yes? The ESI plug has 4, for what? Thanks for your time. Terry
PS I did read somewhere that I will need to program the extension as an SLT, is it that easy?
Posted By: eriway Re: Connecting an SLT module - 12/22/08 11:04 AM
If I recall correctly, the SLT adapter has two modular jacks, one marked ESI, one labeled TEL. When installing the SLT to a digital station port, the crossconnect from the station port of the 192 gets cross connected to the outer pins (1 & 4... orange/white pair) of the ESI jack. The analog station/crossconnect off the SLT (marked TEL) uses the center two pins (2 & 3...blue/white pair).

You will assign the station port in memory block 7 - 2 as SLT adapter (LK 4).
Posted By: etkfixr Re: Connecting an SLT module - 12/22/08 02:03 PM
Thanks, the modular cord I used the first time only had the center two wires, I'll give it a try ASAP. TK
Posted By: doghart Re: Connecting an SLT module - 12/22/08 05:53 PM
I believe you also have to tell that port it is connected to an SLT adapter in Prog 4-XX ??

D
Posted By: vad60 Re: Connecting an SLT module - 12/22/08 08:00 PM
You better buy an SLI card. SLT Modules go bad all the time and not reliable. Much better Analog Card.
Posted By: etkfixr Re: Connecting an SLT module - 12/23/08 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I have an Elite 48 in my shop as a test mule so I can mess with the programming before I do anything to the real system. I got it working there and patched it through a Panasonic 616 to test how the Mitel will work when it's installed. Very excited, I love my job and you all can take some of the credit. Thanks again. Terry
PS I kind of like the SLT because I can send the signal half way as digital before it converts to analog, The Mitel is going to be about 4 levels buried in the ship and it will take a long run to reach it. If it turns into a hassle I have an empty slot in the 192 for an SLI. TK
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help