atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: macphoneguy Electra 192 remote access question - 06/26/09 06:07 PM
I have a Electra elite 192, I have a MIFM card in the ISA slot, I have the SAT software (version 4.7) configuration sees the MIFM in the isa slot, I am trying to get a external modem (usr 33.6 currently) to be able to talk to the unit, I can call the modem and the modem answers however it never connects, I have tried a staight through cable and a null modem cable with no change, does it "prefer" a certain brand
or do I need to put a particular parameter in one of the modem registers ? (or do I need to use a really old 2400 modem),
hooked directly from the laptop to the unit works fine with a db25 to db9
any thoughts or other hints are appriciated
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Electra 192 remote access question - 06/26/09 07:22 PM
I would get a modem module for the MIFM card. Those are very reliable.
Posted By: doghart Re: Electra 192 remote access question - 06/26/09 07:36 PM
Originally posted by DrPbx:
I would get a modem module for the MIFM card. Those are very reliable.
FYI: if you did this you would have to move the MIF from the ISA slot to slot 1
Posted By: macphoneguy Re: Electra 192 remote access question - 07/01/09 04:49 AM
a good update, after some messing around i was able to get it to work, appearenty not all null modem adapter are alike, I specifically used a one that connects pins 6 & 8 on one side to pin 20 on the other, along with crossing pins 2 & 3 and crossing pins 4 & 5 other then that it was just checking the modem that register S0 was set to 1 and writing it to memory, so the external modem knew to answer
I didn't want to move the DTI card that was in slot 1 as I didn't want to go through the hassle of reprogramming the T1 link
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help