atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: IrishBren Trunk Key - 08/19/09 09:15 AM
Hey all - my scenario is as such:

Nitsuko system (DXE). 4 Basic Rate Lines. Trunk six is assigned 2 a different internal company and will have to answer calls accordingly (ie. acme blinds instead of ace concrete). I have named the trunk so that when it rings on the switch its identified on the screen as acme blinds. I have programmed the outgoing clip to be that of the trunk number we have assigned to acme blinds. So far....all works fine.

My problem is this, if my receptionist is not on any call, and I ring the acme blinds number, her phone will ring and display hat the call is for acme blinds - but the flashing LED is the Line 1 (trunk 1) key. This is fine if she is not on a call but a problem if she is. How can I get a call to trunk six to light the Line 6 key so that everyone will know that a call is coming in for acme blinds?? I have used 1806 and 0924 but I must be missing something!

Any help greatly apreciated.
Posted By: eriway Re: Trunk Key - 08/19/09 03:04 PM
So, if I understand the scenario, when station is idle, a call to trunk 6 rings in on line key 1.

Does your phone have a "check" button? If so, press the "check" button, then press line key 1. Then do the same for line key 6. If it indicates it's assignment is something other than a CO line, (maybe an ICM, Virtual Extension, or Ring Group key) you will then have to go into programming and and set up the keys as CO line keys. I'll have to dig out my book on this system to find the program commands to accomplish this.
Posted By: IrishBren Re: Trunk Key - 08/20/09 01:01 AM
Hi eriway,

I have used this method on the line 6 'key' and it is indeed a co line 6 key
Posted By: eriway Re: Trunk Key - 08/21/09 08:14 AM
Look at program 0901 for trunk 6, (items 14 - 17 for modes) is it set to 0 for normal or 4 for DIL?
In 0909 is trunk 6 set to 1 = ring?
In 0917 is trunk 6 programmed as a DIL pointed to a Virtual Extension?

What indication do you get on line key 1 when you press [check] + Line Key 1? is it a CO trunk or extension?

You stated above you programmed 1806... is trunk 6 supposed to be a DID?

I hope this helps... I haven't played with this system in quite some time, I'm reading from the book.
Posted By: carlosh Re: Trunk Key - 08/21/09 10:34 PM
If your trunks are assinged as DID, by mentioning program 1806 you are receiving incoming calls via DIDs. If that the case you can point the DID from above to a virtual extension and assing call cover keys of that virtual to the extensions meant to answer those calls. You can even give that call cover key a different ring tone if you'd like to further set apart that call from the others.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help