atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eriway Outbound PRI calls - 10/07/09 03:00 PM
Customer has an Elite 192 with PRI and DID's,,, software version 4.5. They have been using this setup for years. Recently they have been experiencing a significant delay when dialing out. After pressing 9 and dialing the 7 digit local number the system waits approximately 8 seconds before processing the call.

Nothing has changed in programming. I rechecked all the usual suspects, and found the settings to be at the default settings.

I know with the NEC DSX, when dialing out on a PRI, I can press # after the 7 digits to force an immediate processing of the call. The DSX also allows me to set an outbound interdigit timer to shorten the wait time. This issue with the Elite will not allow me to force the call with the #.... it still waits the 8 seconds.

I've looked at every timer I can think of in the Elite. It's DTMF interdigit timer set in miliseconds is still at the factory default of 110/80.

Any ideas of where else to look? I honestly don't believe it's the system since it worked just dandy for many years. The telco says all is well at their end.... the trouble is coming from my end.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Outbound PRI calls - 10/08/09 07:23 AM
I would think,if the Customer didn't change their Provider. That their current Provider more than likly Changed Somthing on Their end. Like You said "Its been working For Years".
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help