atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phadob29 IPS2000 numbering plan help needed - 10/26/09 09:30 AM
I have this IPS 2000 connected to a 2400ICS via CCIS link. They can just dial between each other any extensions they want.

Recently, I added another switch to our facilities, and its an SV8500. This switch is also connected to the 2400ICS.

So now, the IPS users can dial the extension numbers of the 8500, and the call gets relayed to the SV8500 via the 2400ICS.

However, there is a catch which makes this plan to not work fully just yet.

The SV8500 has 5 and 6-digit long extensions, while all extensions of the IPS and the ICS are 5-digit long.

I have everything figured out between the ICS and the 8500, but not on the IPS. When you dial from the 2000IPS, the extension number can be 5 or 6 digits long, if the number starts with 2, or 4. Numbers starting with 7 or 8 are all internal, 5-digit extensions within the IPS. Numbers starting with 2,3,4,5 or 6 are all extensions on the ICS or the 8500, so when you dial these, you actually dial out from the IPS, and the first digit acts as an access code to the CCIS route that sends the call to the ICS with all dialed digits.

All I have to accomplish is to tell the IPS to accept 6 digits instead of 5 for numbers starting with 2 or 4. And if it's a 5 digit station, well the user won't dial a 6th digit. How do I accomplish that? Which command(s) are involved?

I'm good at programming the ICS and the 8500, but have the least knowledge on the IPS. I have all the manual but currently short on time figuring this out from scratch, that's why I turn to you guys to give me the basics, to make it faster.

Thanks.
Posted By: jzett Re: IPS2000 numbering plan help needed - 10/26/09 11:16 AM
I think all you need to do in Command 20, make 2 and 4 equal 826. You may have to adjust Command 410>13 if timing is not exactly right. Hope this helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help